The April 13, 2017 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order 5:45 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called: Present Ted Whitehead, Chairman, Shannon French, Brad Harris, Joe Goodman, Jeremy Wildbur, John Weidner, John Bayler, David Johnson, Joe Gilliland, Mary McCollough & Barb McGrew. Absent: Chris Rinehart, Bryan Knapp and Janice Brooks.
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests and there were two agenda changes: Snedeker Risk Mgmt update will precede the Claims Report and a Resolution Appropriating Funds for the Highway Department will be added.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Joe Goodman, to approve the amended as it stands. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Weidner, seconded by Mary McCollough to approve the County Board minutes of March 14, 2017. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Kevin Kern and Ray Diel, Snedeker Risk Mgmt, presented an insurance update. Kern extended an invitation to a County Board Appreciation Dinner to be held in Flora, May 16, 2017. Educational information regarding Health Insurance, Property Casualty/Work Comp will be provided. Several neighboring counties have been invited to this meeting as well.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Shannon French, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
The 911 Report was provided to Board Members in written form.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Joe Goodman, to grant permission to County Clerk Brenda Britton to estimate overlapping values, as necessary, for real estate taxes. Motion Carried.
The Health Department report was provided in written form.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Barb McGrew to approve the following Memorandum of Agreement for K-9 Officer. Motion Carried.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Joe Goodman, to approve the Agreement with Taser International for Tasers/Supplies, for 5 years. Motion Carried.
Sheriff Myers presented the March Activity report in written form.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the following Resolution Appropriating Funds for the payment of the County Engineer’s Salary. Motion Carried, Voice Action
Motion by Joe Goodman, seconded by Brad Harris, to approve the awarding of bids for furnishing oil & aggregates for the 2017 Motor Fuel Tax Maintenance Program, as presented. Motion Carried, Voice Action. Jeremy Wildbur-Abstain
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Mary McCollough, to approve the Bridge Aid Petition 17 (10-1) in Songer Township on Calabash Drive over Pickle Creek. Motion Carried.
County Engineer Darin Koelm presented the Highway Department report in written form.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to approve the following Medical Staff Credentialing: Initial Appointment: Adam King, MD Courtesty Radiology Provisional Appointment: Breana Worman, RN Specified Professional Affiliate Reappointment: Jane Janes, APN Specified Professional Affiliate, Jeanne Holdren, APN Specified Professional Affiliate and Amir Cheema, MD Courtesy Internal Medicine-Cardiology. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve a Bank Resolution to grant access to the Electronic check reader to Kristen Wright. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chris Hunt, CCH President, presented the Hospital Report in written form.
Hunt took time to thank the Auxiliary and Endowment Foundation for all they have done for the hospital, patients and staff.
Additionally, Hunt noted that Healthgrades has named the top hospitals to its 2017 Patient Safety Excellence Award class and Clay County Hospital is in the top 10% of facilities.
Chairman Whitehead presented the ROE #12 Report of Official Acts, as filed in the County Clerk’s Office.
Chairman Whitehead notified the board that both Laborers’ groups voted to decertify. Whitehead noted the need for an employee handbook and is asking for volunteers to serve on a committee to spearhead this task.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to adjourn the meeting. Time: 6:15 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
1. ADP ADMINISTRATION-PAYROLL FEES 373.12
2. ALLEN STACEY ELECTION-MILEAGE 32.10
3. AMEREN PROBATION-UTITILIES 155.60
4. AXIS CORONER-TOXICOLOGY 500.00
5. AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-TRAINING/OVERTIME 430.91
6. BARBEE DARREN JAIL-OVERTIME 109.44
7. BEYERS KATHY COURTS-MISC EXP FOR INDIGENTS 9.00
8. BIBBERO SYSTEM PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 74.01
9. BOARD MEMBERS BOARD MEMBERS-MEETINGS/MILEAGE 2278.87
10. BRIGHT BARB CORONER-OFFICE EXP 100.00
11. BRITTON BRENDA COUNTY CLERK-COMPUTER SERVICES/MISC 204.10
12. BYRD ASHTON SHERIFF-TRAINING/OVERTIME 543.32
13. CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-TRAINING/OVERTIME 259.77
14. CLAY CTY ADVOCATE PRESS ELECTION-PUBLICATIONS 147.24
15. CLAY CTY HEALTH DEPART. JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 132.44
16. CLAY CTY HWY TRAFFIC SIGNS, MATERIALS & LABOR 19852.29
17. COMMUNICTIONS REVOLVING JAIL-PHONE 482.55
18. COMPASS WEB COUNTY CLERK-COMPUTER SERVICES 52.50
19. DBS DISPOSAL PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 40.00
20. DEPUTIES PHONES JAIL-PHONE 440.00
21. ES&S COUNTY CLERK-MISC & 14986.11
22. FCJDC JAIL-HOUSING OF JUVENILES 2711.80
23. FELDHAKE MARK SHERIFF-TRAINING/OVERTIME 452.10
24. FLORA PRINTING PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 86.24
25. FRITSCHLE LOGAN JAIL-TRAINING 246.24
26. GFI CH-DEBT RETIREMENT 34.96
27. GROSS WILLIAM COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 328.90
28. GROVES TONY JAIL-OVERTIME 280.80
29. HAMILTON DEANNA STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
30. HARGIS SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 259.26
31. HEAVEN’S MIST PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 20.50
32. HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF-TRAINING 215.12
33. IACO S OF A-TRAINING 175.00
34. IL COUNTIES RISK MGMT CTY INSURANCE & GENERAL LIABILITY 25772.25
35. IL OIL & GAS ASSOCIATION S OF A-COMPUTER SERVICES 161.14
36. IMAGING SOLUTIONS RECORDERS MICRO-LEASE OF EQUIP 2593.75
37. INDOFF TREASURER, CIRCUIT CLERK & CTY CLERK-SUPPLIES 947.02
38. KIEFER REPAIRS TO CH BUILDING 275.00
39. KOESTER ANDREW STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 100.00
40. LEIB CURTIS PROBATION-TRAVEL 45.58
41. LEWIS ELAM JAIL-OVERTIME 138.71
42. LOUISVILLE COLLISION SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 1137.86
43. LOUISVILLE POST OFFICE SHERIFF & CLERK-POSTAGES 51.82
44. LORENZ CH-SUPPLIES 5.18
45. MEAGHER SIGN CH-SUPPLIES 15.00
46. MIDWEST OFFICE PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 251.01
47. MILLER WES CORONER-TRAVEL 98.44
48. MILNER CHAD SHERIFF-OVERTIME 328.80
49. MURPHY DARLA ELECTION-EXPENSE 10.70
50. MUNICIPAL UTILITIES PROB, JAIL, HWY & CH-UTILITIES 1831.83
51. MYERS ANDY SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT & INCIDENTAL EXP 539.01
JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS
52. PEERLESS PLASTICS CORONER-SUPPLIES 348.55
53. PERRY SMALL ENGINE BUILDING & GROUNDS EQUIP-MAINT 127.38
54. PHILLIPS KAREN STATE’S ATTY-PHONE/POSTAGE 101.20
55. PHILLIPS RAYMOND SHERIFF-OVERTIME & COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 749.15
56. POWLESS JOEL STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 100.00
57. RAY O’HERRON CORONER/JAIL-SUPPLIES 199.39
58. SCHWARTZ ROBBINS MISC & CONTINGENCIES 350.00
59. SIMS LORI COURTS-MISC 75.00
60. STEVENSON RICH JAIL-HOUSING OF ADULTS 2744.00
61. STURM ROBERT JAIL-TRAINING 304.92
62. SUBWAY COUNTY CLERK-MISC 56.58
63. THOMSON REUTERS STATE’S ATTY-OFFICE BOOKS 279.00
64. VERIZON JAIL-TELEPHONE 342.11
65. VOHNE LICHE SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP 7334.00
66. WABASH TELEPHONE ADM, JAIL, & HWY-PHONE 2237.20
67. WAL-MART BOARD MEMBERS & ELECTION-SUPPLIES 1306.24
68. WEIDNER KRISTA PROBATION-TRAVEL 124.39
69. WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 179.24
70. WEX PROBATION-TRAVEL 82.92
71. WOOD STEVE COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 138.70
72. YOUNG PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 34.00
1. ADP ADMINISTRATION-PAYROLL FEES 247.70
2. ADVOCATE PRESS ASSESSMENT & ELECTION-EXPENSE 2310.75
3. AMEREN JAIL, CH & HWY-UTITLIES 1281.00
4. CIT COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 87.88
5. CITY OF FLORA ESDA-RENT 275.00
6. DBS DISPOSAL JAIL & SHERIFF-UTILITIES 120.00
7. EFFINGHAM TELCOM JAIL-PHONE 103.00
8. INDOFF S OF A, CH, CIRCUIT CLK, SHERIFF & JAIL-SUPPLIES 318.78
9. LEXIS NEXIS STATE’S ATTY-DUES & SUBSCRIPTIONS 139.00
10. LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-CLEANING 65.00
11. RAY O’HERRON JAIL-SUPPLIES 52.24
12. SALT & STRINGS BUTCHERY JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 1576.42
13. YOUNG’S PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 48.00