The August 8, 2017 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The blessing was led by Chairman Ted Whitehead.
The roll was called:
Present: Ted Whitehead, Chairman, Shannon French, Joe Goodman, Janice Brooks, Jeremy Wildbur, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, John Bayler, David Johnson, Joe Gilliland and Mary McCollough.
Absent: Barb McGrew, Brad Harris and Bryan Knapp.
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests and there were no agenda changes.
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to approve the agenda as it stands. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the County Board minutes of July 11, 2017. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by Joe Goodman, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
Motion by David Johnson, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve opening the closed session minutes of March 10, 2015 and June 9, 2015. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Chris Rinehart to approve the reappointment of Todd Fender to the 911 Board, 3 year term. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Joe Goodman, to approve the reappointment of Tim Hostettler to the 911 Board, 3 year term. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Jennifer Brown, 911 Coordinator, presented her report in written form.
Brandi Young, CCHD, presented the Board of Health Bulletin in written form.
Sheriff Andy Myers presented the Sheriff’s Activity Report in written form.
Treasurer Jana Tolliver presented the financial reports in written form. Tolliver noted the 60% of taxes have been collected, with the first disbursement of tax money will be disbursed next week.
Chief Probation Officer Curtis Leib presented the probation report in written form.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve direct fiberoptic internet service for the probation department. (Funds already budgeted.) Motion Carried.
County Engineer Darin Koelm presented the Highway Department Report in written form.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Janice Brooks, to approve the following Medical Staff Credentialing:
Alexander Van Amerongen, MD Current Medical Staff-Pathology
Christine Watson, PA Courtesy Dermatology
Rebecca Baggett, MD Courtesy Radiology
Marisa Blitstein, MD Courtesy Radiology
Edward Harter, MD Courtesy Radiology
Aaron Konrad, MD Courtesy Radiology
Christopher Norbet, MD Courtesy Radiology
Patrick Rhoades, MD Courtesy Radiology
Gerald Riley, MD Courtesy Radiology
David Weglicki , MD Courtesy Radiology
Sajjan Nemani, MD Courtesy Radiology
Shailesh Nandish, MD Courtesy Radiology
Binh Nguyen, DO Courtesy Radiology
Motion Carried, Voice Action
Clay County Hospital President Chris Hunt and Luke Czyzewski presented the FY2017 Clay County Hospital Audit Report. Hunt noted the auditor’s provided an unmodified clean opinion. Additionally, Hunt directed board members to the summary of Hospital and Clinic Operations report reflecting a loss of $1,178, 901 for the hospital and a loss for the clinic of $1,114,660.
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by John Bayler, to approve the capital purchase of a rooftop A/C unit for the Clay County Hospital. (Approx. cost $45,000) Motion Carried.
Motion by Joe Goodman, seconded by John Bayler, to go to closed session for the following purpose: __ (1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body (5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (1); Time: 6:25 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Janice Brooks, to return to open session. Time: 6:55 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead stated the closed session was for informational purposes only.
Clay County Hospital President Chris Hunt presented the hospital report in written form.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Mary McCollough, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Andrew Bangert to the Clay County Housing Authority Board. (replacing Kenneth Hostettler). Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead read a “Thanks You” card from the Greg French Family.
Board Member Chris Rinehart introduced Orry Cummings with Smart Watt. Cummings has completed an Energy Performance Feasibility Assessment of County Buildings and presented the findings to the County Board. Cummings was able to provide a self-funding project plan to include: LED Lighting, Building Envelope, Courthouse Central Cooling, and Control Upgrades for an Energy Management System for CCH, as well as, several other upgrades. Cummings is estimating a 27% energy reduction through a “budget neutral” project. The next step is for Request for Qualifications, formal bid process to partner with Smart Watt. Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to adjourn. Time: 7:15 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
- ACT TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 40.00
- ADP PAYROLL FEES 00000
- AMEREN CIPS PROBATION-UTILITIES 393.11
- AMERICAN STAMP TREASUER-SUPPLIES 125.30
- AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-TRAINING 149.88
- AXIS TOXICOLOGY CORONER-TOXICOLGY 325.00
- BARBEE DARREN JAIL-OVERTIME 192.24
- BROARD MEMBERS COUNTY BOARD MEETINGS/MILEAGES 2279.67
- BOYD JERRY COURT-MISC. EXPENSE FOR INDIGENTS 600.00
- BRIGHT BARB CORONER-OFFICE EXPENSE 100.00
- BUHRMAN JULIE TREASURER-OVERTIME 39.10
- BUTCHER AUTOMOTIVE COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 78.00
- BYRD ASHTON SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 131.15
- CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME & TRAINING 259.77
- CHET’S ELECTRIC COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 90.00
- CLAY COUNTY ADVOCATE REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS EXPENSES 23.52
- CLAY COUNTY HEALTH DEP. JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 146.79
- CLAY COUNTY TREASURER MISC. & CONT-IMRF 585.00
- COMMUNICATIONS JAIL-TELEPHONE 482.55
- COMPASS WEB COUNTY CLERK-COMPUTER SERVICES 157.50
& COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS
- DEPUTIES SHERIFF -DEPUTIES PHONES REIMBURSEMENT 440.00
- FELDHAKE MARK SHERIFF-OVERTIME, TRAINING AND UNIFORMS 373.17
- GAD SHERRI STATE’S ATTY-TRANSCRIPT FEES 73.00
- GFI TREASURER-SUPPLIES & RECORDS DEBT RETIREMENT 69.53
- GROSS WILLIAM COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 499.59
- GROVE TONY JAIL-OVERTIME 126.36
- HEALY MITCHELL JAIL-PART TIME CORRECTIONAL SALARIES 1092.00
- HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF-OVERTIME & TRAINING 1049.11
- HOLKY’S PLUMBING COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 100.00
- IC ENTERPRISES COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 13210.00
- KNAPP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 2016.04
- LEWIS ELAM COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 819.70
& SHERIFF-OVERTIME & TRANSPORTING PRISONERS
- LEXIS NEXIS STATE’S ATTY-DUES 139.00
- LOUISVILLE AUTO PARTS JAIL-SUPPLIES 7.68
- LOUISVILLE POST OFFICE SHERIFF & STATE’S ATTY-POSTAGE 71.52
- MENARDS COURTHOUSE-PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT 136.93
- MILNER CHAD SHERIFF-TRAINING 82.92
- MUNICIPAL JAIL, CH, HWY & PROBATION-UTILITIES 1464.31
- MYERS ANDY JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 366.95
- POWLESS SHAWNA VICTIM/WITNESS CORR-SALARY 4475.00
- PHILLIPS RAY SHERIFF-TRANSPORT PRISONERS, 602.31
TRAINING & OVERTIME
- QUILL EDSA-MISC. 128.94
- RAY O’ HERRON JAIL & SHERIFF-UNIFORMS 839.70
- RICHLAND COUNTY SHERIFF JAIL-HOUSING OF ADULTS 560.00
- STRUM ROBERT SHERIFF-TRANSPORTING PRISONERS & JAIL-OVERTIME 346.47
- THOMPSON LYNDI TREASUER-OVERTIME 612.00
- THOMSON REUTERS CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 153.00
- TOLLIVER DEBRA TREASURER-OVERTIME 24.50
- TUNGATE MARK CIRCUIT CLERK-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 650.00
- VERIZON JAIL-PHONE 342.09
- WABASH HWY, JAIL & COURTHOUSE-PHONE 2457.95
- WALMART JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS, MEDICAL 1610.16
SERVICES & SUPPLIES, COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES
SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT & PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP.
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-STATIONERY OF SUPPLIES 124.00
- WOOD STEPHAN COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 481.80
- ZINKS COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 741.19
- ADP PAYROLL-FEES 150.15
- AMEREN COURTHOUSE & JAIL-UTILITIES 2507.44
- ANGELA’S VILLAGE FLORIST COUNTY BOARD MEMBER 55.00
- BARBAR MCGREW COUNTY BOARD MEMBER 593.67
- BRENDA BRITTON CLERK-MISC. 666.54
- BUTCHER AUTOMOTIVE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 275.78
- BYERS PRINTING COMPANY RECORDER’S MICRO-SUPPLIES 1644.58
- CLAY COUNTY HOSPITAL PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 13.71
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN TREASURER-SUPPLIES 17.00
- COMPASS WEB TREASURER-SUPPLIES 174.99
- CRYSTAL BALLARD CIRCUIT COURT-MISC 72.22
- DALE’S AUTO SALVAGE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 75.00
- DAN HECHT SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 925.29
- DARLA MURPHY CLERK-MISC 109.68
- DBS DISPOSAL JAIL & COURTHOUSE-UTILITIES 120.00
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM JAIL-PHONE 103.00
- HEARTLAND PEST CONTROL COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 85.00
- HEAVEN’S MIST BOTTLED WATER COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 97.50
- HEYL ROYSTER MISC. & CONT 1225.00
- ICENTERPRISES COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 13210.00
- ILEAS SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP 60.00
- INDOFF CIRCUIT CLERK, JAIL, STATE’S ATTY, 1263.95
& CTY CLERK-SUPPLIES
- KNAPP OIL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 1846.66
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-CLEANING 65.00
- LORENZ SUPPLY COURTHOUSE-SUPPLEIS 218.50
- MENARD’S PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT 17.97
- MIDWEST OFFICE PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 38.44
- OK AUTO SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 461.03
- PERRY’S SMALL ENGINE EQUIPMENT MAINT 37.99
- RAY O HERRON SHERIFF-UNIFORMS & PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT & 591.06
JAIL-SUPPLIES & UNIFORMS
- RICHLAND SHERIFF JAIL-HOUSING OF ADULTS 420.00
- SALT & STRINGS JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 1851.45
- SHIRT TALES CORONER-SUPPLIES 82.99
- SIRCHIE JAIL-SUPPLIES 83.11
- TERA CONKLIN PROBATION-TRAVEL 574.35
- THOMSON REUTERS STATE’S ATTY-DUES 223.00
- WES MILLER CORONER-SUPPLIES & TRAVEL 92.12
- YOUNG’S PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 34.00