The June 13, 2017 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Deputy Sheriff Adam Cartright.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called: Present: Ted Whitehead, Chairman, Shannon French, Brad Harris, Joe Goodman, Janice Brooks, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, John Bayler, David Johnson, Joe Gilliland, Mary McCollough, & Barb McGrew. Absent: Jeremy Wildbur & Bryan Knapp
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests and there were no agenda changes.
Motion by Brad Harris, second by Mary McCollough, to approve the agenda as it stands. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Joe Gilliland, seconded by Shannon French, to approve the County Board minutes of May 9, 2017. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Brad Harris, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Janice Brooks, to approve the County Clerk’s Semi-Annual Report. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Coroner Wes Miller presented his Semi-Annual Report in written form.
Jennifer Brown 911 Coordinator, presented the 911 Report in written form.
Jeff Workman, CCHD, presented the Board of Health Bulletin in written form.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Joe Goodman, to approve the Health Department FY 2018 Budget. Motion Carried.
The Sheriff Report was provided in written form. Other line items for the Sheriff will be discussed at next month’s meeting.
Treasurer Jana Tolliver provided the financial report in written form. Additionally, Tolliver presented the FY 2016 Receipt & Disbursements Report.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Shannon French to approve the Prevailing Wage Ordinance. Motion Carried. 8-Yes 4-No
Motion by John Weidner, seconded by Joe Goodman, to approve the Engineering Agreement authorizing Hampton, Lenzini, and Renwick to prepare plans for the replacement of Phillips Bridge ( Str. #013-3084) over Hurricane Creek on TR179 (Quartz Lane) in Pixley Twp, $28,000.00. Motion Carried.
County Engineer Darin Koelm presented the Highway Department Report in written form. Additionally, Koelm presented the Audit Report for the receipt & disbursement of Motor Fuel Tax funds, Jan. 1, 2013 through Dec. 31, 2016. The Audit Report is on file in the County Clerk’s office and also available for review at the Highway Department.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Barb McGrew, to approve the following Medical Staff Credentials: Initial Appointment-Stacia Fallert, APN Courtesy Orthopedics, Robert Talber, MD Courtesy Radiology, April Cox, DO Courtesy Radiology and Naga Sirikonda, MD Courtesy Pulmonolgy. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Dave Johnson, to allow Ethan Workman, IT Employee, to access the Safety Deposit Box at Flora Banking Company. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
CCH President Chris Hunt presented the Hospital Report in written form.
Hunt reported that provider Jane Janes, APN has officially retired. Additionally, Hunt noted CCH will again be offering free sports physicals this year.
Motion by Chris Rinehart, seconded by Joe Goodman, to go to closed session for the following purpose: (1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body (5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (1); Time: 6:25 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Mary McCollough, to return to open session. Time: 6:30 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead noted the closed session was for informational purpose only.
Chairman Whitehead noted that Carl Baker, U of I Extension Rep. will meet County Extn. Committee June 20, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
Additionally, Whitehead noted a meeting will be held June 26, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. for Employee Handbook.
Whitehead read an invitation to Problem Solving Court, Graduation Ceremony, June 30, 2017 at 1:00 p.m.
Chairman Whitehead presented the ROE #12 Report of Official Acts.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Mary McCollough, to adjourn. Time 6:35 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
- ACT TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 32.00
- ADP ADMINISTRATION-PAYROLL FEES 191.10
- ADVOCATE PRESS SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP. 109.00
- ADWORKS PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP. 95.00
- AIR EVAC PAYROLL EXP 3168.00
- AMEREN PROBATION-UTILITIES 182.07
- ANDERSON BRAD JANITOR-EXPENSE 29.75
- AXON JAIL-PURCHASE OF EQUIP & SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 2849.96
- AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-OVERTIME 281.03
- BAILEY IAN JANITOR EXPENSE 105.00
- BALLARD CRYSTAL CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC. 115.02
- BARBER STEPHEN JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 400.00
- BARBEE DARREN JAIL-OVERTIME 218.88
- BRIGHT BARB CORONER-OFFICE EXPENSE 100.00
- BRITTON BRENDA CLERK-MISC 57.80
- BURGESS REBEKAH FEES OF REGISTRAR OF VITAL STATISTICS 128.00
- BYERS PRINTING COURT-SUPPLIES 230.01
- BYRD ASHTON SHERIFF-OVERTIME 112.41
- CAMPBELL FIRE & SAFETY EQUIPMENT MAINT. 24.00
- CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME 371.10
- CITY OF FLORA ESDA-RENT 550.00
- CIT COURTHOUSE RECORDS-DEBT RETIREMENT 87.88
- CLAY CO HEALTH DEPT. JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 65.02
- CLAY CO REPUBLICAN PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 97.85
- CLAY CO TREASURER MISC. & CONT 292.50
- COMMUNICATIONS JAIL-TELEPHONE 482.55
- COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS BOARD MEMBERS-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 2331.95
- DBS DISPOSAL PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP., CH & JAIL-UTILITIES 160.00
- DEPUTIES DEPUTIES-PHONE 440.00
- EASTIN KINDAL S OF A-TRAVEL 782.83
- FCJDC HOUSING OF JUVENILES 555.48
- GFI CH-DEBT RETIREMENT 44.86
- GROSS WILLIAM COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 332.15
- GROVES TONY JAIL-OVERTIME 280.80
- HEAVEN’S MIST PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP. & CH-SUPPLIES 110.50
- HESS LORI COURT-MISC 35.00
- HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP, OVERTIME & TRAINING 1036.67
- IL COUNTIES RISK MGMT CTY HEALTH DEPT BUSINESS & AUTO INLAND MARINE 25772.25
- IL STATE BAR ASSOCIATION COURT-DUES 1320.00
- INDOFF STATE’S ATTY, CH & S OF A-SUPPLIES 156.43
- IPAI S OF A-TRAINING 245.00
- JACOBI JAMES CORONER-AUTOPSY 1700.00
- LEIB CURTIS PROBATION-TRAVEL 44.97
- LEWIS ELAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME & COURT SERCURITY-BAILIFF 506.84
- LINDA’ CLEANING HWY-UTILITIES 65.00
- LOUISVILLE LAUNDRY SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP. 204.00
- LOUISVILLE POSTMASTER CTY CLERK, CIRCUIT CLERK, & ELECTION-POSTAGE 5366.73
- MENARDS COURTHOUSE REPAIRS 541.36
- MILLER OFFICE SUPPLIES PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 326.35
- MILLER WES CORONER-TRAVEL 50.29
- MUNICIPAL UTILITIES PROBATION, COURTHOUSE, JAIL & HWY-UTILITIES 1204.26
- MYERS ANDY JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 1221.78
- RAY O’HERRON SHERIFF-UNIFORMS 78.12
- PERRY’S SMALL ENGINE SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP & CH- EQUIP. MAINT. 212.52
- PHILLIPS RAY SHERIFF-OVERTIME 373.07
- PROFESSIONAL ID CARDS CORONER-SUPPLIES 118.20
- QUILL EDSA & CTY CLERK-SUPPLES 702.83
- ROE #12 CLAY COUNTY SHARE ROE #12 7981.05
- SIMS LORI COURTS-MISC. EXPENSE 66.50
- SPITZNER STEVEN SHERIFF-TRANSPORT PRISONERS, AUTO MAINT & 211.24
- STURM ROBERT COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF, JAIL-UNIFORMS, & 603.20
- SUPERIOR COURTHOUSE-EQUIP. MAINT. 420.00
- TODD ROBIN COURTS-OPERATIONS OF JUDGE’S OFFICE 130.90
- VERIZON JAIL-PHONE 342.09
- WABASH HWY, CH & JAIL-PHONE 2320.73
- WALMART PROBATION/SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP., 2072.03
JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS, MEDICAL SERVICES &
- WEX PROBATION-TRAVEL 121.21
- WOOD STEPHEN COURTS SECURITY-BAILIFF 292.00
- YOUNG RONALD COURTS ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 594.75
- ZIMDARS CTY BUILDING REPAIRS 80.00
- ZINKS COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 218.25
- ADP PAYROLL-FEES 27.30
- AMERENCIPS JAIL, COURTHOUSE & HWY-UTITLIES 1353.82
- AXIS FORENSIC CORONER-TOXICOLOGY 250.00
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 195.45
- BYERS PRINTING COUNTY CLERKS-SUPPLIES 505.83
- CAMPBELL FIRE & SAFETY EQUIPMENT MANT. 311.00
- CIT COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 87.88
- CLAY COUNTY HEALTH DEPT SOLID WASTE PLANNING-EDUCATIONAL & PLANNING 1261.93
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM JAIL-PHONE 103.00
- FRANKLIN COUNTY DETENTION JAIL-HOUSING OF JUVENILES 3308.51
- GLOBAL TECHNICAL SYSTEMS SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 482.00
- HOLKY’S PLUMBING COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 88.51
- ILLINOIS OFFICE SUPPLY ELECTION-SUPPLIES 1077.50
- INDOFF JAIL, S OF A, TREASURER, CIRCUIT CLERK, SHERIFF & 1027.77
- KEMPER CPA TREASURER’S – MISC. 475.00
- KIEFER LANDSCAPING COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 275.00
- KNAPP OIL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 2735.01
- LEXIS NEXIS STATE’S ATTY-DUES 132.00
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-UTILITIES 65.00
- LORI SIMS STATE’S ATTY-TRANSCRIPT FEE & COURT-MISC. 76.00
- LOUISVILLE AUTO PARTS COURTHOUSE-PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT 349.99
- MUNICIPAL UTILITIES JAIL, CH AND HWY-UTILITIES 1973.58
- OK AUTOMOTIVE SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP 90.00
- PERRY’S SMALL ENGINE COURTHOUSE-EQUIPMENT MAINT 69.59
- PERSONAL MOBILITY COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 644.20
- QUILL COUNTY CLERK-SUPPLIES & ELECTION-SUPPLIES 149.94
- RAY O’HERRON SHERIFF INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 4074.32
- ROBBINS SCHWARTZ MISC. & CONTINGENCIES 1111.28
- SALT & STRINGS JAIL-DIET AND CARE OF PRISONERS 2191.27
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 124.00
- ZINK BUILDING COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 210.34