The February 12, 2013 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Sulsberger.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Sulsberger.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called. Present: Sue Pettit, Chairman, Mike Spitzner, Brad Harris, Jerry Britton, Janice Brooks, Thomas Butcher, Chris Rinehart, Bryan Knapp, Ted Whitehead, Ron King, and Mike Rinehart. Absent: Joe Rudolphi, Jesse James, and Vernon Guinn.
Chairman Pettit acknowledged guests and there were no agenda changes.
Motion by Tom Butcher, seconded by Ted Whitehead, to approve the County Board minutes of January 8, 2013. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Motion by Mike Rinehart, seconded by Brad Harris, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
Additionally, Rinehart noted that the Claims Committee had met to review closed session minutes and employee time sheets.. The board briefly discussed procedures to approve closed session minutes. This item will be scheduled for approval at the March 2013 meeting.
Chairman Pettit presented the 911 report in written form.
Toby Rinehart, City of Flora, appeared before the board asking for the County to share GIS layers with the City of Flora. Supervisor of Assessments Kevin Logan’s recommendation to the board was in favor of sharing the GIS info. Mr. Rinehart will ask Mr. Coble, city attorney, to draft an intergovernmental agreement for this purpose.
Motion by Jerry Britton, seconded by Ted Whitehead, to share GIS layers with the City of Flora. Motion Carried.
Jeff Workman, Clay County Health Department, presented his report in written form.
Treasurer Jana Tolliver presented her reports in written form.
Motion by Tom Butcher, seconded by Janice Brooks, to approve a transfer of $10,000.00 from line item A1 (County Corp) to line item W1 (Work Comp), until it can be repaid after the next tax distribution. Motion carried.
The Probation department report was presented in written form.
Sheriff Sulsberger presented his department report in written form. Additionally, Sheriff Sulsberger reported on various building repairs currently underway.
Motion by Janice Brooks, which was seconded by Ron King, that the County Engineer be authorized to execute all documents necessary to accept the low bids of Charles Heuerman Trucking in the amount of $9,836.70, Dwain Forby Trucking in the amount of $16,149.00, and Charles Carter & Sons in the amount of $44,917.70 for furnishing aggregates needed by the County for the 2013 M.F.T. Maintenance program. Motion Carried.
Motion by Jerry Britton, which was seconded by Tom Butcher, that the Chairwoman of the County Board be authorized to execute all documents necessary to award the contract for construction of the bridge in Songer Township on Beard Road over Conners Branch Creek, Section 96-00067-00-BR, to Depew & Owen Builders, Inc., for the sum of One Hundred Forty-Six Thousand Five Hundred Seventy-Eight and 00/100 ($146,578.00). Motion Carried.
County Engineer Mike Quandt presented his report in written form. Additionally, Quandt updated the board on the legal survey of the 20 acre site the County owns on the south side of Iola Lane and some delays they are encountering with the process. Board members saw no reason to hurry on the survey, as there is no deadline for completion.
. Motion by Tom Butcher, seconded by Mike Spitzner, to approve the Hospital Budget for FY2014. Motion Carried.
Motion by Ron King, seconded by Tom Butcher, to approve a change in banking authorization (the removal of Phyllis Cox as an authorized hospital representative and establish Kaci O’Dell as the new hospital representative for ACH and Balance Inquiry purposes) at Flora Bank & Trust. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Motion by Tom Butcher, seconded by Ted Whitehead, to recommend the appointment of the following health professionals:
ReappointmentJoseph Spraul, MD Courtesy Ophthalmology
Eric Zeller, RN Specified Professional Affiliate
Initial AppointmentKellie Grapperhaus, APN Provisional Specified Professional Affiliate
Kaci Durbin, MD Provisional Courtesy OB/GYN
Anthony Nunez, MD Provisional Cardio Thoracic Specialty Clinic-Approved to perform cancer screenings
Alexander Ryan, MD Provisional Courtesy Teleradiology
Advancement from Provisional to Full Courtesy Michael Covlin, MD Courtesy OB/GYN
Douglas Combs, MD Courtesy OB/GYN
Michael Schifano, MD Courtesy OB/GYN
Catherine Barteau, MD Courtesy Teleradiology
Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Board Member and Hospital Committee Chair Jerry Britton noted he had no further update on SSM.
Motion by Tom Butcher, seconded by Mike Rinehart, to approve the following Resolution regarding Parcel Number 13-03-328-003.
the County of Clay, as Trustee for the Taxing Districts, has undertaken a program to collect delinquent taxes and to perfect titles to real property in cases in which the taxes on such real property have not been paid, pursuant to 35ILCS 200/21-90, andWhereas
, Pursuant to this program, the County of Clay, as Trustee for the Taxing Districts, has acquired an interest in the following described real estate:Xenia Township
Permanent Parcel Number: 13-03-328-003
As described in certificates(s): None sold November 2009
And it appearing to the Finance Committee that it would be to the best interest of the County to dispose of its interest in said property.
, John R. Akes, has bid $648.00 for the County’s interest, such bid having been presented to the Finance Committee at the same time it having been determined by the Finance Committee and the Agent for the County, Joseph E. Meyer, that the County shall receive from such bid $202.00 as a return for its certificate(s) of purchase. The County Clerk shall receive $0.00 for cancellation of Certificate(s) and to reimburse the revolving account the charges advanced from this account, the auctioneer shall receive $0.00 for his services and the Recorder of Deeds shall receive $96.00 for recording. The remainder is the amount due the Agent under his contract for services. The total paid by purchaser is $648.00.Therefore
, your Finance Committee recommends the adoption of the following resolution:Be It Resolved By The County Board Of Clay County, Illinois
, that the Chairman of the Board of Clay County, Illinois, be authorized to execute a deed of conveyance of the County’s interest or authorize the cancellation of the appropriate Certificate(s) of Purchase, as the case may be, on the above described real estate for the sum of $202.00 to be paid to the Treasurer of Clay County Illinois, to be disbursed according to law. This resolution to be effective for sixty (60) days from this date and any transaction between the above parties not occurring within this period shall be null and void.Adopted
by roll call vote this 12th day of February, 2013Attest: Brenda Britton, Clerk, Seal
Sue Pettit, County Board Chairman
Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Motion by Tom Butcher, seconded by Chris Rinehart, to approve the Laborers’ 1197 Contract for the Circuit Clerk employees. Motion Carried.
Motion by Tom Butcher, seconded by Jerry Britton, to approve the Laborers’ 1197 Contract for the County Clerk, County Treasurer, Supervisor of Assessments, and Highway clerical employees. Motion Carried.
The board briefly discussed a request from John Nicholson, City of Flora, for funds for the Drug Task Force. No money has been budgeted in FY2013 for this request. The board will notify Nicholson to submit a budget request for next fiscal year.
Additionally, the board discussed Fire Protection District and request for Public Safety Funds. Fire Protection Districts need to have their NIMS compliance on file in the Treasurer’s office prior to any disbursement of funds. The Executive Finance Committee will notify FPD’s to file NIMS compliance with Jana Tolliver.
Chairman Pettit reminded board members of a Zone Meeting in Mt. Vernon on March 9th.
Motion by Ted Whitehead, seconded by Bryan Knapp, to adjourn. Time: 6:40 p.m. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
No. Names of Claimants For What Amount of Claim
1. ALLEN, STACEY COUNTY CLERK-MISC 12.102. AMEREN CIPS PROB, JAIL, CH, HWY-UTILITIES 397.14
3. AMEREN ENERGY MARKETING PROB, JAIL, CH-UTILITIES 855.97
4. BG DISTRIBUTORS ELECTION-POSTAGE 63.58
5. BRITTON, BRENDA CO BOARD SEC FEES/CO CLK-MISC 186.56
6. BYERS PRINTING COUNTY CLERK-SUPPLIES 43.30
7. BYRD, ASHTON JAIL-PART TIME CORRECTIONAL OFFICER 830.55
8. CELLULAR ONE ESDA-PHONE 211.50
9. CHILDERS, JEREMY JAIL-PHONE, SHERIFF-ILEAS, OT, TRAINING 699.93
10. CLAY CO REPUBLICAN TREAS, COUNTY CLK-SUPPLIES 264.50
11. CNA SURETY PROB-INC EXP 200.00
12. COMPUTYPE MISC & CONT 75.00
13. CONKLIN, TERA PROB-TRAVEL 127.83
14. COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS COUNTY BOARD MEETING 1542.52
15. COURTNEY PUCCETTI, CSR PUBLIC DEFENDER-EXP 24.00
16. DAWKINS AUTO SALES SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 210.00
17. DBS DISPOSAL JAIL, CH-UTILITIES 120.00
18. FANCHER, PHIL BAILIFF 781.10
19. FELDHAKE, MARK JAIL-PHONE 40.00
20. FLEETONE PROB-TRAVEL 193.10
21. FLORA BATTERY & ALTERNATOR REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDINGS 86.50
22. FLORA PRINTING CO PROB-INC EXP 71.80
23. FRENCH, GREG SHERIFF/JAIL-OVERTIME, MAINT OF EQUIP 3959.16
24. FROST, CAITLIN CORONER-RENT 100.00
25. GFI BEYOND COPIES S OF A-COMPUTER TAX 3526.14
26. GREENWOOD, PAT JAIL-TRAINING 45.00
27. GREENWOOD, RANARD COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 130.19
28. GROSS, WILLIAM BAILIFF 2437.48
29. HEAVEN’S MIST WATER COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 91.00
30.. HEUERMAN, CORY JAIL-PHONE 40.00 31. IL PROPERTY ASSESS INST S OF A-TRAINING 710.00 32. IL STATE’S ATTY APPELLATE ST ATTY-APPELLATE PROSECUTOR 5000.00 33. INDOFF CIR CLK, TREAS, PROB-SUPPLIES, INC EXP 376.36
34. ITA S OF A-COMPUTER TAX 89.50
35. JACOBI, JAMES CORONER-AUTOPSY 1620.00
36. KINCAID OIL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 3089.48 37. LEONARD, AARON ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 3292.86 38. LEWIS, ALLINE COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 135.48
39. LEWIS, ELAM JAIL-PHONE, SHERIFF-OT 346.45
40. LINDA’S CLEANING SERVICE HWY-UTILITIES 65.00
41 LORENZ JAIL, CH-SUPPLIES 276.90
42. LOUISVILLE POSTMASTER PROB-INC EXP, CO CLK, ST ATTY-POSTAGE 1414.86 43. MANATRON RECORDER’S MICRO-SUPPLIES 333.48
44. MICROTEK RECORDER’S MICRO-SUPPLIES 249.50
45. MILLER OFFICE EQUIPMENT CIRCUIT CLK-SUPPLIES 90.50
46. MILLER, WES CORONER-MILEAGE 26.70
47. MILNER, CHAD JAIL-PHONE 40.00
48. MILONE, GARY ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 741.45
49. MUNICIPAL UTILITIES JAIL, CH, HWY, PROB-UTILITIES 1846.86
50. MURBARGER, RICHARD VICTIM/WITNESS SALARY 6412.50
51. MYERS, ANDY SHERIFF/JAIL-PHONE, OT, INC EXP, ILEAS 1805.69
52. OFFICE PRODUCTS CENTER TREASURER-SUPPLIES 93.55
53. PHILLIPS, RAYMOND JAIL-PHONE, OT 309.52
54. QUANDT, TAMI COUNTY CLERK-MISC 17.80
55. QUILL CH-SUPPLIES 62.97
56. RAY O’HERRON SHERIFF-INC EXP, LEASE OF AUTO, 377.81 CORONER-SUPPLIES
57. RICOH SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 131.40
58. RKDIXON DEBT RETIREMENT 117.21
59. RUDOLPH CONSTRUCTION REPAIRS TO CO BLDGS 1372.28
60. SPITZNER, STEVEN SHERIFF/JAIL-PHONE, OT, ILEAS 1283.13 61. SULSBERGER, JAMES SHERIFF-INC EXP 100.00
62. TECHNICAL PARTNERS S OF A- COMPUTER TAX SERVICE 867.74
63. THE WEB CAFE TAX SALE AUTO FUND-PURCHASE OF EQUIP 1427.45
64. THOMPSON WEST ST ATTY-OFFICE BOOKS 109.50
65. TYSON SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 432.00
66. WALMART PROB-INC EXP, JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRIS, MED EX, 611.07 SUPPLIES, CH-SUPPLIES, SHERIFF-INC EXP
67. WEIDNER, KRISTA PROB-TRAVEL 37.38
68. WELCH, MARY BETH ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 607.05
69. WILLIAMS, BARBARA JAIL-PART TIME CORRECTION OFFICER 2528.40 70. WTCI CH, JAIL, HWY-PHONES 1804.88
71. YOUNGS PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 197.00
72. YOUNG, RONALD ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 1773.75
73. ZIMDARS CH-SUPPLIES 25.12
74. ZINK PROB-INC EXP 17.97
75. ZONE 1 COUNTY CLERK-MISC 20.00
TOTAL PAID CLAIMS $59,654.50
No. Names of Claimants For What Amount of Claim
1. BAREBACK COMMUNICATIONS SHERIFF-INC EXP 1618.50 2. CITY OF FLORA ESDA-RENT 275.003. CLAY COUNTY ADVOCATE ELECTION-PUBLICATIONS 85.00
4. CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN ELECTION-PUBLIC, SHERIFF, CIR CLK-SUPPLIES 392.88
5. COMM REVOLVING FUND JAIL-PHONE 439.15
6. COMPUTYPE MISC & CONT 75.00
7. DAVE’S AUTO TECH SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 455.62
8. DAWKINS AUTO SALES SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 236.17
9. DBS DISPOSAL CH, HWY-UTILITIES 120.00
10. FE MORAN INC COURTHOUSE-EQUIP MAINT 220.93 11. INDOFF CIR CLK, TREAS, CO CLK, ST ATTY, PROB,
CH REC-SUPPLIES, INC EXP 817.58
12. MANATRON RECORDER’S MICRO-SUPPLIES 15918.59
13. MIKE’S MARKET JAIL-DIET OF PRISONERS 2364.81
14. MILLER OFFICE SUPPLY SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 21.90
15. QUILL CO CLK-SUPPLIES 10.99
16. RICOH USA INC SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 131.40
17. ROBBINS SCHWARTZ MISC & CONT 877.50
18. SPRINT JAIL-PHONE 449.91
19. THE HOMETOWN JOURNAL ELECTION-PUBLICATION 29.75
20. THE WEB CAFE JAIL-MAINT OF EQUIP 50.00 21. WIN MISC & CONT 92.00
22. ZINK BLDG CENTER JAIL, CH-SUPPLIES 31.73
TOTAL UNPAID CLAIMS $24714.41