The December 13, 2016 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Myers.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called: Present: Ted Whitehead Chairman, Brad Harris, Janice Brooks, Jeremy Wildbur, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, John Bayler, David Johnson, Joe Gilliland, Mary McCollough and Barb McGrew.
Absent: Joe Goodman and Bryan Knapp
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests and recognized newly elected State’s Attorney Joel Powless, as well as Assistant State’s Attorney Andrew Koester. Chairman Whitehead introduced Clay County Hospital President Chris Hunt and noted the addition of an Executive Session to the Hospital portion of the agenda.
Motion by Brad Hariss, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve the amended as it stands. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Dave Johnson to approve the County Board minutes of November 10, 2016. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by, John Weidner, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Janice Brooks, to approve the County Clerk’s Semi Annual Report. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Wes Miller, Coroner, presented his semi annual report in written form.
There was no Board of Health Bulletin available. Board Member John Bayler asked that the Health Department begin preparing monthly financial reports, balance sheets, and expense/income reports to present to the full board.
Sheriff Andy Myers presented his activity report in written form.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Janice Brooks, to approve the Court Security Fees Ordinance.
Motion Carried, Voice Action
The Intergovernmental Agreements for the ESDA Command Trailer and vehicle for Village of Xenia will be tabled until the January meeting.
Treasurer Jana Tolliver presented the financial reports in written form.
Chairman Whitehead welcomed Gary Wenthe as Acting County Engineer.
Motion by John bayler, seconded by Barb McGrew, to adopt a resolution to submit three names of candidates for the County Engineer position to the state for testing. Motion Carried, Voice Action
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve awarding the low bid to Sloan Equipment, $21,000, for a CX-15 Flex Wing Rotary Cutter Mower. Motion Carried.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Brad Harris, to approve the Local Agency Project Compliance Agreement for Wyman Bridge. Motion Carried.
The County Engineer’s Report was presented in written form. Engineer Wenthe announced that the Hwy Department Foreman will be retiring in February 2017, and his successor will be announced in the near future.
Chairman Whitehead introduced newly hired CEO of Clay County Hospital, Chris Hunt.
CFO Mike Hobbs presented the Clay County Hospital FY2017 Audit. The only significant item to note was the recording of unfunded pension liability.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by John Bayler, to approve the purchase of Next Gen EPM Module, approximate cost $70,000. Motion Carried. 10 Yes 1 Abstain
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Barb McGrew, to approve the Medical Staff By-Laws. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Mary McCollough, to approve the Clay County Hospital Corp. Banking Resolution.
Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Mary McCollough seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve the Core Source TPA Bank Account. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Brad Harris, to approve an Agreement to Terminate Lease with Sav-Mor Pharmacy.
Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to approve the following Medical Staff Credentialing.
Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the following Travel Reimbursement Ordinance.
Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Bayler seconded by Barb McGrew, to approve the Resolution for the State’s Attorneys Appellate Prosecutor.
Chairman Whitehead noted he had received a letter from Rod Franklin declining to accept the office of County Board Member, District A.
Additionally, Whitehead read the Declaration and Notice of Vacancy in office for County Board District A.
Motion by John Weidner, seconded by Dave Johnson, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment (as recommended by the County Democratic Central Committee) of Shannon French to County Board Member District A. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead presented ROE #12 Quarterly Report of Official Acts.
Motion by Chris Rinehart, seconded by Dave Johnson, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Chris Bible to Housing Authority Board. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Barb McGrew seconded by Joe Gilliland to approve the Chairman’s appointment of Dan Sulsberger to the IllinoiSouth Tourism Board. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Janice Brooks, to approve the Chairman’s appointment of Clint Green to the IllinoiSouth Tourism Board. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead tabled an appointment to the Crossroads Workforce Board until January.
Board Member Brad Harris just wanted to clarify that Rod Franklin regrets that he cannot serve as Board Member due to conflict of Interest with other civic positions he currently holds.
Chairman Whitehead expressed condolences to the Elfa McGrew family reading a “Thank You” card from Joe & Barb McGrew.
Board Member Chris Rinehart noted that he plans to schedule a Strategic Planning Comm. Meeting after the first of the year.
Sheriff Andy Myers reported he had hired Brad Anderson as custodian at the Courthouse.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Brad Harris, to adjourn. Time: 6:55 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
- ACE HARDWARE CLERK SUPPLIES & COURTHOUSE REPAIRS 87.75
- ACT TIRE JAIL-TELEPHONE 24.00
- ADP MISC & CONT 512.05
- ADVOCATE PRESS ELECTION & S OF A-PUBLICATIONS 2,351.83
- ALLEN STACEY ELECTION-CLERICAL OVERTIME & TRAVEL 879.94
- ANGELA’S VILLAGE FLORIST COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS-PER DIEM & EXP 67.00
- AMEREN HWY, PROB, JAIL & CH-UTILITIES 3,842.34
- ANTHONY’S WILD WEST SHERIFF-TRAINING 199.82
- AXIS FORENSIC TOXICOLOGY CORONER-TOXICOLOGY 1,250.00
- AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-OVERTIME & JAIL-TELEPHONE 680.76
- BARBEE DARREN JAIL-UNIFORMS & OVERTIME 366.01
- BAYLER JOHN COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 245.19
- BELLWETHER SHERIFF -INCIDENTAL EXP. 5,167.00
- BRIGHT BARB CORONER-OFFICE EXP 100.00
- BRIGHT BARRY CIRCUIT CLERK-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 3,282.15
- BRINKLEY STEVI ELECTION-OVERTIME 133.25
- BRITTON BRENDA CTY BOARD SECRETARY FEES & ELECTION EXP 720.13
- BROOKS JANICE COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 221.23
- BYRD ASHTON SHERIFF-TRAINING, AUTO MAINT & UNIFORMS 708.69
- CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME & TELEPHONE 251.27
- CLAY COUNTY COALITION CTY MENTAL HEALTH FUND 2,000.00
- CLAY COUNTY HEALTH DEPT SOLID WASTE PLANNING & MEDICAL SERVICES 3,569.23
- CLAY COUNTY PROB OFFICE CTY MENTAL HEALTH FUND 2,500.00
- CLAY COUNTY REHAB MENTALLY DEFICIENT PERSON’S BOARD 37,600.00
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN ELECTION-PUBLICATIONS 487.60
- CHET’S ELECTRIC CH-REPAIRS 882.50
- CIGAR-CANDY SHERIFF- INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 146.90
- CIT CH RECORDS-DEBT RETIREMENT 87.88
- CTIY OF FLORA ESDA-RENT 275.00
- COMMUNICATIONS JAIL-TELEPHONE 498.55
- DEVNET S OF A-COMPUTER TAX SERVICES 19,061.67
- DUNIGAN DAVETTA ADM-REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS-SALARIES 3,000.00
- DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 34.70
- EASTIN KINDAL S OF A-TRAVEL 89.44
- ELLIOTT CHRIS PUBLIC DEF-OTHER EXP 226.95
- ES&S ELECTION-COMPUTER SERVICES 12,180.36
- FANCHER PHIL CH SECURITY-BAILIFF 1,752.00
- FCJDC JAIL-HOUSING OF JUVENILES 1,192.72
- FELDHAKE MARK JAIL-TELEHONE & SHERIFF-OVERTIME 683.92
- GFI COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 39.58
- GOODIN ASSSOCIATES CIRCUIT CLERK-OFFICE SUPPLIES 214.09
- GOODMAN JOE COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 257.72
- GREENWOOD PAT JAIL-TELEPHONE 40.00
- GREENWOOD TOM CH SECURITY-BAILIFF 58.40
- GROSS WILLIAM JAIL-UNIFORM ,OVERTIME & BAILIFF 1,882.32
- HAMILTON REPAIR SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 46.03
- HARRIS BRAD COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 205.00
- HASTINGS JACK ADM-REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS SALARIES 3,000.00
- HEARTLAND PEST CONTROL COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 170.00
- HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF-OT & UNIFORMS, JAIL-TELEPHONE 768.89
- HICKOX JOHN CIRCUIT CLERK-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 742.75
- IL ASSOCIATION OF CLERK CIRCUIT CLERK-DUES 205.00
- IL ASSOCIATION OF CLERK COUNTY CLERK-DUES 210.00
- IL COUNTIES RISK MGNT. WORK COMP INSURANCE 51,544.50
- IL COUNTY TREASURER TREASURER-DUES 150.00
- IL PUBLIC SAFETY AGENCY SHERIFF- INCIDENTAL EXP 1,884.00
- IL SECRETARY OF STATE SHERIFF -INCIDENTAL EXP 30.00
- INDOFF COUNTY & CIR CLK, JAIL, ST.ATTY, S OF A-SUPPLIES 5,347.52
- JACOBI JAMES CORONER-AUTOPSY 3,170.00
- JOHNSON DAVID COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 177.46
- KNAPP BRYAN COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 400.07
- LEIB CURTIS PROB -TRAVEL 50.91
- LEONARD AARON CIRCUIT CLERK-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 2,955.00
- LEWIS ELAM JAIL-TELEPHONE 40.00
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-CLEANING 65.00
- LOGAN FRITSCHLE JAIL-OVERTIME 344.57
- LOGAN KEVIN REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS-SALARIES 3,000.00
- LOUISVILLE POST OFFICE SHERIFF & PROB-SUPPLIES 158.66
- LOUISVILLE COLLISION CENTER SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 1,000.00
- MAIL SERVICES S OF A-POSTAGE 1,537.33
- MCCOLLOUGH MARY COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 286.22
72 MCGREW BARB COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 434.77
- MILLER WES CORONER-TRAVEL 72.09
- MILONE GARY CIRCUIT CLERK-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 474.69
- MILNER CHAD SHERIFF-OVERTIME & JAIL-TELEPHONE 442.45
- MPH INDUSTRIES SHERIFF-PURCHASE OF EQUIP 1,700.00
- MUNICIPAL UTILITIES JAIL, CH, HWY & PROB UTILITIES 819.54
- MURPHY DARLA ELECTION-OVERTIME 359.02
- MYMAK’S DETAILING SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 155.00
- MYERS ANDY SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT & INC EXP & JAIL-TELEPHONE 523.11
- NOTARY PUBLIC CIRCUIT CLERK-DUES 97.00
- PHILLIPS RAY SHERIFF-OVERTIME & JAIL-OVERTIME 193.66
- POWLESS JOEL ST. ATTY TRAINING & ATTY FEES 2,267.50
- PRYOR JADE ST. ATTY-SUPPLIES 18.00
- PUBLIC AGENCY TRAINING SHERIFF -TRAINING 295.00
- QUANDT TAMI ELECTION-OVERTIME 237.30
- QUILL CTY CLERK-SUPPLIES 230.53
- RAY O’HERRON JAIL-UNIFORMS & SHERIFF-PURCHASE OF EQUIP 5,521.35
- RELX INC ST ATTY- DUES 139.00
- REGION DUES ESDA- MISC 5.00
- RINEHART CHRIS COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 115.00
- RKDIXON COURTHOUSE- DEBT RETIREMENT 147.03
- ROANOKE STAMPS CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 150.60
- RUGER MARTI S OF A-CLERICAL HIRE 407.19
- SALT & STRINGS JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 1,846.95
- SCHWART ROBBINS MISC. & CONT 250.00
- SCOTT MERRIMAN INC SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 801.70
- SECRETARY OF STATE TREAS., CORONER, CIR CLK & ST ATTY-MISC. 16.00
- SOUTH CENTRAL FS SHERIFF-AUOT MAINT 2,033.61
- SOUTHEASTERN IL CTY MENTAL HEALTH FUND 21,500.00
- SPITZNER STEVE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT & TRANSPORTING PRISONERS 31.36
- STEVENSON RICH JAIL-HOUSING OF ADULTS 1,530.00
- STURM ROBERT JAIL-UNIFORMS & OVERTIME SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP 594.25
- SUBWAY COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS-PER DIEM & EXP 30.00
- TAR EXCAVATING COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS TO CTY BUILDING 1,800.00
- THOMAS SANDY SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP 42.00
- TUNGATE MARK CIRCUIT CLERK–ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 443.73
- VERIZON JAIL-PHONE 342.13
- VOHNE LICHE KENNELS SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP & PURCHASE OF EQUIP 10,000.00
- WABASH TELEPHONE COURTHOUSE & JAIL-TELEPHONE 2,452.71
- WALMART JAIL & SHEIFF-DIET & CARE PRISONER & SUPPLIES 1,585.37
- WEIDNER JOHN COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE 143.48
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 124.00
- WEIDNER KRISTA PROB-TRAVEL 17.80
- WEX PROB-TRAVEL 112.60
- WHITEHEAD TED COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 265.00
- WILDBUR JEREMY COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 75.68
- WOOD STEVE CH SECURITY-BAILIFF 423.40
- WRIGHT AUTO SHERIFF-PURCHASE & LEASE 31,800.00
- YOUNG RONALD CIRCUIT CLERK-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 674.25
- ZINK BUILDING CENTER COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 24.99
TOTAL PAID 281,106.69
- ADP ADMINISTRATION- 97.05
- AMEREN CIPS HIGHWAY-UTILITIES 83.37
- AMERICAN STAMP TREASURER-SUPPLIES 153.91
- ANGELA’S VILLAGE FLORIST ADMINISTRATION-COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS 50.00
- BRENDA BRITTON COUNTY CLERK-COMPUTER SERVICES 565.00
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 119.92
- BYERS PRINTING COMPANY COUNTY CLERK-RECORD BOOKS 80.96
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN TREASURER & JAIL-SUPPLIES 552.10
- COMPASS WEB TREASURER-SUPLLIES 737.50
- DBS DISPOSAL JAIL & COURTHOUSE-UTILITIES 60.00
- DORIS BROTHERS ADMINISTRATION-COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS 120.00
- DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF-OFFICE EQUIP 35.50
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM ADMINISTRATION & JAIL-TELEPHONE 241.00
- HARR’S ACE HARDWARE CH-REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 149.85
- INDOFF JAIL-SUPPLIES 97.95
- JOSEPH A MEYER COUNTY CLERK-MISC. 194.00
- KIEFER LANDSCAPING CH-REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 275.00
- LEXIS NEXIS STATE’S ATTY-DUES 139.00
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-CLEANING 65.00
- RAY O’HERRON CO JAIL & SHERIFF-UNIFORMS 89.15
- REGIONAL OFFICE CLAY COUNTY SHARE ROE#12 7,981.05
- SCIRP & DC MISC. & CONT 1,529.00
- THE WEB CAFÉ JAIL-MAINT OF EQUIP 3,162.37
- THORNTON OVERHEAD REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 882.00
- YOUNG’S PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 66.00 TOTAL 17,482.68