The December 12, 2017 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Myers.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called:
Present: Ted Whitehead, Shannon French, Brad Harris, Jeremy Wildbur, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, John Bayler, David Johnson, Joe Gilliland, Mary McCollough and Barb McGrew. Absent: Joe Goodman, Janice Brooks and Bryan Knapp
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests, Orry Cummings with Smartwatt and Larry Kramer. There were two agenda changes: move the Public Discussion line item prior to Claim Committee and add an action item under Chairman’s Report to approve 2018 County Board Meeting dates and times.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve the agenda as it stands. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Mary McCollough, to approve the County Board minutes of November 14, 2017. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Harter Township resident Larry Kramer addressed the board during Public Discussion. Kramer detailed a situation with an abandoned property in Fox Creek Subdivision, an unincorporated area of the county. Kramer provided a copy of a request he had given Harter Township asking they look into the matter with that property and see what remedies may apply.
Kramer thanked St. Attorney Powless and Board Chairman Whitehead for their efforts to address the situation but is asking the County Board to get involved to clean up the property.
There was some discussion regarding a pending sale of the property, possibly by the end of the month.
Chairman Whitehead noted that he and two employees from the Health Department had recently inspected the property. The realtor will take care of two issues uncovered by the inspection.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Brad Harris, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
Motion by Shannon French, seconded by Barb McGrew, to approve the County Clerk’s Semi-Annual Report of Collections. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the Coroner’s Annual FY 2017 Report. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Jennifer Brown, 911 Coordinator, presented her report in written form.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve a Resolution against Discrimination Harassment and Sexual Misconduct. County Policy to distribute to Employees. Motion Carried, Voice Action
Jeff Workman, Clay County Health Department gave a brief report, noting the Board of Health Bulletin will be mailed/emailed in the next few days.
Sheriff Andy Myers presented his November Activity Report in written form. Myers noted Shop with a Cop will be next week. Additionally, Deputy Milner will be taking over Dare duties.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Mary McCollough, to go to closed session for the following purpose: The setting of a price for sale or lease of property owned by the public body. (5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (6). Time: 6:42 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Shannon French, seconded by Brad Harris, to return to open session. Time: 7:05 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead noted the closed session was for Informational Purposes Only.
Treasurer Jana Tolliver, presented her various financial reports in written form.
Motion by Jerermy Wildbur, which was seconded by John Bayler, that the Chairperson of the County Board be authorized to revise the Resolution Appointing the County Engineer (BLR 02123) by changing the beginning and ending dates to the beginning and ending of the respective calendar years. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Bayler, which was seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, that the County Clerk be authorized to certify the Resolution (BLR 09221), for the Section 17-0000-00-CS appropriating the salary for the County Engineer to be 99% of the IDOT recommended salary for calendar year 2018. Partial salary payment of forty-five thousand three hundred forty-two and 00/100 dollars ($45342.00) will be made from Road and Bridge Fund and authorizes the same amount to be transferred from Federal Surface Transportation Program through IDOT into the County Motor Fuel Fund. Motion Carried.
Motion by Mary McCollough, which was seconded by Shannon French, to approve the Local Agency Agreement (BLR 05310) for construction engineering between the State and County for the federal reimbursement of 80% of the FY 2017 bridge inspections cost not to exceed the amount twenty five thousand and 00/100 dollars ($25,000.00) and that the Chairman of the County Board be authorized to execute the agreement. Motion Carried.
County Engineer Darin Koelm presented the Highway Department Report in written form.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the following Medical Credentials:
-Christopher Murphy, MD, Provisional Pathology
-Allison Howard, MD, Provisional Pathology
-Stephen Olson, MD, Provisional Pathology
-Dolph Haege, MD, Provisional Pathology
-Denis Kuzelj, MD, Courtesy Hospitalist/Emergency
-Johathon White, DO, Courtesy Hospitalist/Emergency
-Jeffrey Cullen, MD, Courtesy Radiology
-William Moore, MD, Courtesy Radiology
-Stephen Stone, MD, Courtesy Dermatology
-Angela Casolari, APN, Specified Professional Affiliate
-Valerie Lybarger, APN, Specified Professional Affiliate
Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Barb McGrew, to approve the After Action Plan for Power Outages. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
CCH President Chris Hunt presented an update on the Flora and Louisville Weather Plan.
CCH President Chris Hunt presented the Hospital Report in written form.
Chairman Whitehead informed the Board that Clay County has been notified by the Illinois Department of Agriculture of a “Notice of Intent to Construct a Livestock Management Facility” Submitted by Fatheree Producers, Xenia, IL. Whitehead informed that County residents may petition the County Board to request IL Department of Agriculture to conduct and informational meeting
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by Barb McGrew, to approve 2018 meeting dates and times. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to adjourn. Time: 7:20 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
- ACT TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 32.00
- ADP PAYROLL FEES 823.82
- ADVOCATE S OF A-PUBLICATION & STATE’S ATTY-DUES 1666.13
- ALLEN STACEY CLERK-PHONE 25.00
- AMEREN PROBATION-UTILITIES 165.58
- APSAN JAIL-TELEPHONE 1884.00
- ARDC PUBLIC DEFENDER-EXPENSES 385.00
- AXIS CORONER-TOXICOLGY 250.00
- AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-OVERTIME 208.07
- BARBEE DARREN JAIL-OVERTIME 277.20
- BOYD JERRY CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC. 600.00
- BRIGHT BARB CORONER-RENT 100.00
- BRITTON BRENDA CLERK-PHONE 40.00
- BRIGHT BARRY ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 5226.24
- BYERS PRINTING CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 566.47
- BYRD ASHTON SHERIFF-OVERTIME 170.24
- CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME & TRAINING 538.10
- COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS BOARD MEMBERS-MEETINGS/MILEAGES 1734.69
- CLAY COUNTY COALITION COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH FUND 2000.00
- CLAY COUNTY CO COOP COUNTY COOP EXTN. SERVICE-CTY SHARE OF 4H 53,100.00
- CLAY COUNTY HEALTH DEPT MISC. & CONT 3020.06
- CLAY COUNTY PROBATION COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM 2500.00
- CLAY COUNTY REHABILITAION MENTALLY DEFICIENT PERSON’S BOARD 37,600.00
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN S OF A-PUBLICATION 975.20
- COMPASS WEB S OF A-COMPUTER TAX SERVICE, 682.96
STATE’S ATTY-SUPPLIES & CH-EQUIPMENT MAINT
- DAN’S GLASS INC. REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 13,330.00
- DEPUTIES PHONE DEPUTIES PHONES 440.00
- DUNIGAN DAVETTA REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS-SALARIES 3,000.00
- EATON CORPORATION CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 361.00
- ELLIOTT CHRIS PUBLIC DEFENDER-EXPENSES 160.50
- EFFINGHAM TELCON JAIL-PHONE 103.00
- FELDHAKE MARK JAIL-OVERTIME & SHERIFF-OVERTIME 1471.83
- FRITSCHLE LOGAN JAIL-OVERTIME 540.54
- GFI TREASURER-SUPPLIES & CH-DEBT RETIREMENT 61.17
- GROSS WILLIAM SECURITY-BAILIFF 687.73
- GROVES TONY JAIL-HOUSING OF ADULTS 122.75
- HAMILTON DEANNA STATE’S ATTY-CLERICAL & PHONE 149.00
- HASTINGS JACK REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS-SALARIES 3,000.00
- HEALY MITCHELL JAIL-PART TIME CORRECTIONAL 676.00
- HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF-TRAINING & UNIFORMS 947.00
- HICKOX JOHN COURT-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 731.25
- IDOA TREASURER SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 30.00
- INDOFF TREASURER, STATE’S ATTY, CIRCUIT CLERK, 963.79
JAIL, S OF A, COURTHOUSE & SHERIFF-SUPPLIES
- JACOBI JAMES CORONER-AUTOSPY 3,455.00
- KOESTER ANDREW STATE’S ATTY-SUPPLIES 70.82
- LEE’S PC DEPOT CORONER-SUPPLIES 45.00
- LEWIS ELAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME & UNIFORMS 495.90
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-CLEANING 65.00
- LOGAN KEVIN REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS-SALARIES 3000.00
- LOUISVILLE POST OFFICE PROBATION, PUBLIC DEFENDER & SHERIFF-POSTAGE 998.27
- MAIL SERVICES S OF A-POSTAGE & COMPUTER 1218.64
- MEYER JOSEPH CLERK-RECORDS BOOKS 125.00
- MILLER OFFICE EQUIPMENT STATE’S ATTY-EQUIPMENT 722.85
- MILNER CHAD SHERIFF-TRANSPORTING PRISONERS & OVERTIME 762.94
- MUNICIPAL UTILITIES PROBATION, JAIL, CH & HWY-UTILITIES 1145.08
- PERRY’S SMALL ENGINE CH-EQUIPMENT MAINT. 62.11
- PHILLIPS KAREN CLERICAL-OVERTIME & PHONE 785.35
- PHILLIPS RAYMOND SHERIFF-OVERTIME & ILEAS 1084.25
- POWLESS JOEL STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- QUILL EDSA-SUPPLIES 144.99
- RAY O’HERRON JAIL-HOUSING OF ADULTS 455.31
- ROBBINS SCHWARTZ MISC. & CONT 1440.95
- SEARS JAIL-PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT 217.84
- SOUTHEASTERN IL COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH PROGRAM 21,500.00
- TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT JAIL-TELEPHONE 483.60
- THOMSON REUTERS STATE’S ATTY-BOOKS 329.60
- UNITED STATES POSTAL S OF A-POSTAGE 1480.75
- VERIZON JAIL-PHONE 342.11
- WABASH JAIL, HWY &COURTHOUSE-PHONE 2366.74
- WALMART JAIL, COURTHOUSE, SHERIFF & PROBATION-SUPPLIES 1814.32
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 124.53
- WEX PROBATION-TRAVEL 111.20
- WOLTERS KLUWER CIRCUIT CLERK-OPERATION OF JUDGE’S OFFICE 487.08
- WOOD STEPHAN SECURITY-BAILIFF 481.80
- WRIGHT AUTOMOTIVE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 25,609.00
- ZIMDARS COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 782.20
- ZINKS PROBATION INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 6.28
- ADP PAYROLL FEES 222.05
- AMERENCIPS HWY, COURTHOUSE & JAIL-UTITLIES 1796.04
- BRENDA BRITTON CLERK-MISC. 130.72
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-MEDICAL SUPPLIES 54.83
- CIT COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 175.76
- CITY OF FLORA EDSA-RENT 275.00
- COMPASS WEB MISC. & CONTINGENCIES 1122.99
- CRYSTAL BALLARD CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC 107.00
- DBS DISPOSAL JAIL & COURTHOUSE-UTILITIES 120.00
- DEVENT S OF A- COMPUTER TAX SERVICES 19076.13
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM SOLUTIONS JAIL-TELEPHONE 103.00
- ELECTION SYSTEMS & SOFTWARE ELECTION-COMPUTER SERVICES 10,087.50
- FLORA BATTERY & ALTERNATOR SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 123.00
- FRANKLIN COUNTY DETENTION HOUSING OF JUVENILES 6664.83
- GOODIN ASSOCIATES CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC. 329.15
- HEAVEN’S MIST BOTTLED WATER PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 30.50
- HEYL ROYSTER MISC. & CONT. 1622.50
- IACO CLERK-MISC. 210.00
- INDOFF JAIL & COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 262.95
- JUSTICE DATA SOLUTIONS JAIL-MAINTENANCE OF EQUIPMENT 4300.00
- KNAPP OIL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 1511.03
- LEXIS NEXIS STATE’S ATTY-DUES 139.00
- MIDWEST OFFICE PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 114.54
- MILLER OFFICE PROVATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 294.86
- SALT & STRINGS JAIL-DIET AND CARE OF PRISONERS 1484.65
- STACEY ALLEN CLERK-MISC. 37.23
- TAR EXCAVATING SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 5214.10
- UNITED COUNTIES COUNCIL ADMIN-DUES 150.00
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-STATIONERY OF SUPPLIES 124.00
- WES MILLER CORONER-MILEAGES 73.83
- WM. ROBIN TODD CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 177.47
- YOUNG’S PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 47.00