The May 9, 2017 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Myers.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called: Present: Ted Whitehead, Chairman, Shannon French, Brad Harris, Joe Goodman, Janice Brooks, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, Bryan Knapp, John Bayler, David Johnson, Joe Gilliland, Mary McCullough and Barb McGrew. Absent: Jeremy Wildbur
Chairman Whitehead acknowledge guests and there were two agenda changes to the Hospital line item-Banking Resolution & Executive Session.
Motion by Mary McCullough, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to approve the agenda as it stands. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Shannon French, to approve the County Board Minutes of April 13, 2017. Motion Carried, Voice Action
Motion by Joe Goodman, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
911 Coordinator Jennifer Brown presented the 911 Report in written form.
Jeff Workman, CCHD, presented the Board of Health Bulletin in written form. All things are going well with the various departments and with services offered. Workman briefly discussed the Health Department’s consideration of participating with IL Liquor Control Commission’s LC-13 Project. (Inspection of local liquor relaiters/licensees).
Sheriff Andy Myers presented his April Activity Report in written form.
County Treasurer Jana Tolliver presented the financial reports in written form. All accounts are in good standing and Mobile Home Tax Bills will go out soon.
Curtis Leib, Chief Probation Officer, presented the Probation Report in written form.
County Engineer, Darin Koelm, presented his Highway Report in written form.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by John Bayler, to approve the following Medical Staff Credentialing: Initial Appointment: Olivia Ludwig MD-Courtesy Pathology. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Clay County Hospital President Chris Hunt presented the Hospital Report in written form. The First Annual Women’s Expo was a great success. Additionally, Hunt reported Michaela Muzzy was the 1st place winner of the Stroke Awareness Art Challenge.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Joe Goodman, to approve a Corporate Banking Resolution to remove Mike Hobbs. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Bryan Knapp, seconded by Brad Harris, to go to closed session for the following purpose: (1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body (5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (1); Time: 6:20 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Dave Johnson, to return to open session; Time: 6:30 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead noted the closed session was for informational purposes only.
Motion by Bard McGrew, seconded by Shannon French, to adopt the following IMRF Resolution. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Building and Grounds Committee Chris Rinehart, reported on a meeting with Smart Watt. Smart Watt will conduct an energy saving feasibility study at no cost to the county. They specialize in older buildings and will recommend changes that should pay for themselves.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by John Weidner, to adopt the following Liquor Commission Resolution.
Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Bryan Knapp, seconded by Brad Harris, to adjourn. Time: 6:40 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
- ACT TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 8.00
- ADP ADMINISTRATION-PAYROLL FEES 851.34
- AMEREN PROBATION-UTILITIES 174.76
- AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION COURT-DUES 143.00
- AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-OVERTIME/TRAINING 730.67
- BALLARD CRYSTAL CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC. 948.23
- BRIGHT BARB CORONER-OFFICE EXP 100.00
- BRITTON BRENDA ELECTION-MISC. 568.38
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICE 357.05
- BYRD ASHTON SHERIIFF-OVERTIME 74.94
- CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME 148.44
- CASEY GENERAL STORE PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 28.37
- CLAY COUNTY HEALTH DEPT. JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICE 133.89
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN ELECTION-PUBLICATION 1193.70
- COMMUNICATIONS JAIL-PHONE 482.55
- COMPASS WEB COURTHOUSE-COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 52.50
- CONKLIN TERA PROBATION-TRAVEL 293.42
- COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS BOARD MEMBERS-MEETINGS/MILEAGE 2331.43
- DALE’S AUTO SALVAGE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 150.00
- DBS DISPOSAL PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 80.00
- DEPUTIES PHONE JAIL-PHONE 440.00
- DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 122.00
- ELECTION SYSTEMS ELECTION-PRINTING/SUPPLIES 705.00
- FELDHAKE MARK SHERIFF-OVERTIME 143.85
- FLORA BATTERY SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 256.00
- FRITSCHLE LOGAN JAIL-OVERTIME 82.08
- GFI COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 41.29
- GROSS WILLIAM COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 452.60
- HAMILTON DEANNA STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 25.00
- HEARTLAND CONTROL COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 170.00
- HEAVEN’S MIST COURTHOUSE/PROBATON-SUPPLIES 141.00
- HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF-OVERTIME/TRAINING 2130.24
- HICKOX JOHN COURT ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 425.00
- HWY 50 REPAIR ESDA-AUTO MAINT 355.25
- IL COUNTIES RISK MGMT WORK COMP/GENERAL LIABILITY INSURANCE 29,388.25
- INDOFF CTY CLERK, CIRCUIT CLERK, PUBLIC DEF, SHERIFF, 851.89
STATE ATTY, S OF A & JAIL-SUPPLIES
- JAMES JACOBI CORONER-AUTOPSY 5405.00
- KNAPP OIL COMPANY SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 2919.16
- KOESTER ANDREW STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- LEE’S PC DEPOT COURT-OPERATIONS OF JUDGES OFFICE 150.00
- LEIB CURTIS PROBATION-TRAVEL 51.78
- LEWIS ELAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME 79.26
- LOUISVILLE AUTO PARTS SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 3.99
- LOUISVILLE POSTAL SERVICE ELECTION, PROBATION & JAIL-POSTAGE 219.46
- MIDWEST OFFICE PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 3.49
- MILLER WES CORONER-TRAVEL 51.36
- MUNICIPAL UTILITIES HWY, JAIL, COURTHOUSE & PROBATION-UTILITIES 1502.28
- MYERS ANDY JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PROSONERS 166.60
- PERRY’S SMALL ENGINE PUBLIC BUILDING & GROUNDS-EQUIPMENT MAINT 29.99
- PHILLIPS KAREN STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 25.00
- POWLESS JOEL STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- POWLESS SHAWNA VICTIM/WITNESS COOR-SALARY 4475.00
- QUILL COUNTY CLERK, ELECTION & ESDA-SUPPLIES 473.08
- SHIRT TALES PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 124.00
- STATE’S ATTY APPELLATE STATE’S ATTY-OFFICE SUPPLIES 199.80
- STURM ROBERT SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXP & COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 512.88
- THOMSON REUTERS PROBATION-INCIDENAT EXP., STATE’S ATTY-BOOKS & 1675.01
- VERIZON JAIL-PHONE 342.11
- WABASH JAIL, COURTHOUSE & HWY-PHONE 964.69
- WALMART PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP & COUNTY CLERK-SUPLIES 1714.13
JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS, MEDICAL SERVICES & SUPPLIES
- WEIDNER KRISTA PROBATION-TRAVEL 40.06
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 124.00
- WOOD STEPHAN COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 423.40
- YOUNG RONALD ATTY FEE FOR INDIGENTS 711.25
- YOUNG PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 153.00
- ZINKS COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 82.16
- ACE COURTHOUSE SUPPLIES 90.19
- ADP PAYROLL-FEES 412.46
- AMEREN JAIL, COURTHOUSE & HWY-UTILTIES 1172.61
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICE 110.30
- CAMPBELL FIRE COUNTY BUILDING-EQUIP MAINT. 120.00
- DBS DISPOSAL COURTHOUSE & JAIL-UTILITIES 120.00
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM JAIL-PHONE 103.00
- FRANKLIN COUNTY JUVENILE JAIL-HOUSING OF JUVENILES 1062.12
- GLOBAL TECHNICAL SYSTEMS SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 895.52
- HARGIS GLASS PLUS SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 371.21
- HOLK’S PLUMBING COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS TO CTY BUILDING 562.84
- IACC CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC. 150.00
- IL STATE FIRE MARSHAL COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 150.00
- INDOFF TREASURER, JAIL, CH & CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 371.73
- KNAPP OIL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 2067.55
- LEXIS NEXIS STATE’S ATTY-DUES, SUB. & ETC. 139.00
- LORENZ COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 236.97
- LORI SIMS CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC. 126.00
- MEAGHER SIGN & GRAPHICS JAIL-UNIFORMS 983.34
- MILLER OFFICE CTY CLERK, CIRCUIT CLERK & STATE’S ATTY-SUPPLIES 377.80
- RAY O’HERRON SHERIFF-UNIFORMS & COURTS-OFFICERS’ EXP 552.88
- ROBBINS SCHWARTZ MISC & CONT 250.00
- SALT & STRINGS BUTCHERY JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 2135.90
- SOUTHERN ILLINOIS CRIMINAL SHERIFF-TRAINING, JAIL-UNIFORMS 1600.00
& COURT SEC. OFFICERS’ EXP
- WEX BANK PROBATION-TRAVEL 89.70
- YOUNG’S PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 34.00
- ZIMDARS A/C JAIL-MAINT OF EQUIP & COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 487.41