The November 14, 2017 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Myers.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris
The roll was called: Ted Whitehead, Shannon French, Brad Harris, Janice Brooks, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, John Bayler, David Johnson, Joe Gilliland and Mary McCollough. Absent: Barb McGrew, Jeremy Wildbur, Joe Goodman and Bryan Knapp
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests and there was one agenda change: Sheriff line items moved up on agenda to follow Claims Committee Report.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Mary McCollough, to approve the agenda as it stands. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Joe Gilliland, seconded by Brad Harris, to approve the County Board Minutes of October 10, 2017. Motion Carried, Voice Action
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Shannon French, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
Sheriff Myers presented the Sheriff’s Activity Report in written form.
Motion by Chris Rinehart, seconded by Shannon French, to approve the FOP Memorandum of Understanding Section 29.3: Drug & Alcohol Testing Permitted. Motion Carried.
Motion by Joe Gilliland, seconded by Chris Rinehart, to approve the high bid award for a 2010 Honda Rancher ATV for $1550 from Robert Mosbarger. Motion Carried.
Sheriff Myers reported that on November 5, 2017 the Sheriff Department suffered damage to phone/radio equipment due to a lightning strike. An insurance claim has been filed.
Jennifer Brown, 911 Coordinator presented the 911 Report in written form.
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Brad Harris, to go to closed session for:
____ (2) Collective negotiating matters between the public body and its employees or their representatives, or deliberations concerning salary schedules for one or more classes of employees (5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (2); Time: 6:15 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Brad Harris, to return to open session: Time: 7:10 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead noted the Executive Session was for informational purposes only.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Dr. Brandon Cycholl to the Clay County Board of Health, term expires 6/30/2020 Motion Carried, Voice Action
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Chris Rinehart, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Paul Rose to the Clay County Board of Health, term expires 6/30/2020 Motion Carried, Voice Action
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by Shannon French, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Larry Rinehart to the Clay County Board of Health, term expires 6/30/2020 Motion Carried, Voice Action
The Health Department Report was provided in written form. Additionally, Board Member Brad Harris noted the Beyond the Bell program is once again available through the Health Department.
Treasurer Jana Tolliver provided the financial report in written form.
Chairman Whitehead notified the board of an unusual circumstance with a property that recently went through the Clay County Trustee Sealed Bid Auction of Surplus Property. Whitehead noted that with one particular parcel, the property owner had submitted the high bid. Awarding the bid would render a significant amount of delinquent tax uncollectible. Additionally, it was noted that the County has the right to deny any bid. After some discussion, consensus was to notify the property owner he had the opportunity to pay the delinquent back tax within 90 days, then he would be awarded the bid. If not, then the bid would be awarded to the 2nd highest bidder at the high bid amount.
In light of the discussion, a motion was made by Brad Harris, seconded by Joe Gilliland, proposing the property owner has 90 days to pay uncollected delinquent tax before awarding him the bid for the Sealed Bid Sale Property. If not, the bid will go to the 2nd highest bidder at the high bid amount. Motion Carried.
Motion by Dave Johnson, which was seconded by Mary McCollough, that the Chairman of the County Board be authorized to execute the Local Agency Agreement (BLR 05310) with the State of Illinois, acting by and through its Department of Transportation, for the Construction costs for the BobWhite Bridge in Louisville Township on TR 154A over Buck Creek (Section 15-07124-00-BR). Motion Carried.
County Engineer Darin Koelm presented the Highway Department Report in written form.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Janice Brooks, to approve the following Medical Staff Credentialing:
Stephen Sehy, DPM Courtesy Podiary
Lois Dishman-Cooper Specified Professional Affiliate
Daniel Doolittle, MD Current Medical Staff
Christie Foster, MD Courtesy Emergency
Mustafa Hindi, MD Courtesy Emergency/Hospitalist
Judy Brummer, MD Courtesy Emergency
Othniel Doolittle, MD Courtesy Emergency
Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Shannon French, to approve Capital Equipment Purchase of a Hematology Analyzer for the Clay County Hospital. Motion Carried.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Mary McCollough, to authorize Jennifer Venable to sign checks and remove David Parks from authorization. Motion Carried, Voice Action
John Bursich presented the Hospital Report in written form.
Chairman Whitehead took a moment to thank the Clay County Hospital Foundation for all their work for the hospital.
Board Member Brad Harris made a suggestion that Employee Satisfaction Surveys be done for Clay County Hospital Employees. Burish noted that employee surveys will be done on an annual basis through ADP, as well as town hall meetings on a quarterly basis and Grand Rounds on a monthly basis with providers.
Chairman Whitehead noted, that the process for HR issues is to go through SSM, as our management group.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the FY 2018 Budget. Motion Carried.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by John Bayler, to approve the Teamsters Contract Amendment.
Chairman Whitehead thanked the Executive Finance Committee for all their work.
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Brad Harris, to adjourn. Time: 7:45 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
- ACT TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 64.00
- ADP PAYROLL FEES 1088.55
- AIR CONSTRUCTION COURTHOUSE REPAIRS 150.00
- AMEREN PROBATION-UTILTIES 229.64
- AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-ILEAS, TRAINING & OVERTIME 529.62
- BARBEE DARREN JAIL-TRAINING & OVERTIME 676.11
- BEYERS KATHY CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC. EXPENSE 112.00
- BRIGHT BARB CORONER-RENT 100.00
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 8.50
- BORRIES ART JANITOR-EXPENSE 900.00
- BOYD JERRY DR. COURT-MISC. 800.00
- BUTCHER AUTO SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 142.20
- BYERS PRINTING COMPANY CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 435.19
- BYRD ASHTON SHERIFF-OVERTIME & TRAINING 831.01
- CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-ILEAS & OVERTIME 1855.60
- CENTRAL CIGAR SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 74.45
- CLAY COUNTY HEALTH DEPT MISC. & CONTINGENCIES 1142.46
- CIC RECORDER’S MICRO 7170.00
- CIT COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 87.88
- CITY OF FLORA EDSA-RENT 275.00
- COMPASS WEB COUNTY CLERK-COMPUTER SERVICES 1108.03
- COLLINS MARY BETH ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 1455.12
- COMMUNICATION JAIL-TELEPHONE 483.60
- COUNTY BOARD COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 2353.63
- DEPUTIES PHONE DEPUTIES PHONES 440.00
- DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 10.00
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM JAIL-PHONE 103.00
- FCJDC HOUSING OF JUVENILES 1427.48
- FELDHAKE MARK SHERIFF-OVERTIME, TRAINING & ILEAS 1119.42
- FLORA PRINTING PROBATION INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 86.24
- FRITSCHLE LOGAN JAIL-TRAINING & OVERTIME 443.52
- GFI COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 60.07
- GREENWOOD PAT JAIL-UNIFORMS 150.00
- GROSS WILLIAM JAIL-TRAINING, UNIFORMS & BAILIFF 555.31
- TONY GROVES JAIL-OVERTIME 199.08
- HAMILTON DEANNA STATE’S ATTY-PHONE, POSTAGE & OVERTIME 140.15
- HEALY MITCHELL JAIL-CORRECTIONAL SALARIES 1157.00
- HEARTLAND REPAIRS TO CTY BUILDING 170.00
- HEAVEN’S MIST COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 141.00
- HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF-TRAINING, ILEAS & OVERTIME 1590.32
- HOLKY’S PLUMBING COUNTY BUILDING REPAIRS 50.00
- INDOFF TREAS., CTY CLERK, CIRCUIT CLERK & S OF A-SUPPLIES 1256.63
- ILLINOIS STATE’S ATTY STATE’S ATTY-DUES 900.00
- INTAB ELECTION-SUPPLIES 267.57
- KIEFER LANDSCAPING REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 275.00
- KNAPP OIL COMPANY SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 3389.03
- KOESTER ANDREW STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- LEWIS ELAM BAILIFF, OVERTIME & TRAINING 2120.11
- LEXIS NEXIS STATE’S ATTY-DUES 139.00
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-CLEANING 65.00
- LOUISVILLE POST OFFICE CTY CLERK, SHERIFF & STATE’S ATTY-POSTAGE 4334.00
- LORENZ SUPPLY COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 190.36
- MILLER OFFICE S OF A-COMPUTER TAX SERVICES & ESDA-MISC 128.00
- MILNER CHAD SHERIFF-OVERTIME & ILEAS 1451.10
- MUNICIPAL PROBATION, HWY, JAIL & CH-UTILITIES 1103.65
- MYMAK’S DETAILING SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 230.00
- NACCTFO TREASUER-MISC 75.00
- NAPA COURTHOUSE & JAIL-SUPPLIES 43.87
- PHILLIPS KAREN STATE’S ATTY-OVERTIME, POSTAGE & PHONE 177.88
- POWLESS JOEL STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- POWLESS SHAWNA VICTIM/WITNESS-SALARY 4475.00
- SALT & STRINGS SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 1219.72
& DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS
- SIRCHIE JAIL-SUPPLIES 68.49
- SPITZER STEVE JAIL-TRAINING & TRANS PRISONERS 61.51
- STURM ROBERT JAIL-TRAINING & BAILFF 501.92
- THOMPSON RICK JANITOR-EXPENSE 900.00
- TUNGATE MARK ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 218.75
- VERIZON JAIL-TELEPHONE 342.09
- WABASH SHERIFF, HWY & CH-TELEPHONE 2396.05
- WALMART JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 2380.44
& MEDICAL SERVICES & SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 124.53
- WM ROBIN TODD CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 82.95
- WOOD STEPHAN BAILIFF 730.00
- ZIMDARS COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 150.37
- ZINKS COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 41.72
- ADP PAYROLL FEES 209.00
- ADVOCATE PRESS TREASURER-PUBLISHING COST 247.33
- AMERENCIPS HWY, COURTHOUS & JAIL-UTILTIES 2281.24
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-SUPPLIES 198.20
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN TREASUER & CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 204.00
- COMPASS WEB S OF A, RECORDER’S MICRO 1556.20
& TREASUER-COMPUTER EQUIPMENT
- CRYSTAL BALLARD CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC. 100.68
- CURTIS LIEB PROBATION-TRAVEL 43.70
- DBS DISPOSAL JAIL & COURTHOUSE-UTILITIES 120.00
- FLORA BATTERY & ALTERNATOR COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 85.00
- FRANKLIN COUNTY DETENTION JAIL-HOUSING OF JUVENILES 6148.30
- HARGIS GLASS PLUS SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 644.93
- HEARTLAND PEST CONTROL HWY-UTILITIES 85.00
- HEAVEN’S MIST COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 97.50
- HEYL ROYSTER MISC. & CONTINGENCIES 1155.00
- IL ASSOC OF CTY BOARD MEMBERS ADM-COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS 675.00
- IL CTY TREASURERS ASSOCIATION TREASUERER-MISC 150.00
- INDOFF COURTHOUSE, JAIL, STATE’S ATTY, TREASUER, 1552.21
CIRCUIT CLERK & JAIL-SUPPLIES
- JOEL POWLESS STATE’S ATTY- DUES 224.00
- KINDAL EASTIN STATE’S ATTY-TRAVEL 231.63
- KNAPP OIL COMAPANY SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 2348.57
- LORENZ SUPPLY COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 83.27
- MIDWEST OFFICE PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 311.22
- MYRON CORP COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 238.37
- QUILL ESDA-MISC 625.61
- RAY O’HERRON JAIL-HOUSING OF ADULTS 187.30
- ROBBINS SCHWARTZ MISC. & CONTINGENCIES 100.00
- SALT & STRINGS JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 1572.55
- SAV MOR PHARMACY JAIL-MEDICAL SUPPLIES 34.92
- STACEY ALLEN COUNTY CLERK-MISC 58.48
- STEPHAN BARBER JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 255.00
- TERA CONKLIN PROBATION-TRAVEL 757.93
- WES MILLER CORONER-TRAVEL 78.59
- WEX BANK PROBATION-TRAVEL 141.95
- ZINK BUILDING COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 28.72