The July 12, 2016 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Myers.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called: Present: Ted Whitehead, Chairman, Mike Spitzner, Brad Harris, Janice Brooks, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, John Bayler, Dave Johnson, Mike Rinehart, Mary McCollough, Barb McGrew
Absent: Joe Goodman Jeremy Wildbur, Bryan Knapp
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests and there was one agenda change; add an executive session for informational purposes only to the Sheriff’s Report.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Mike Spitzner, to approve the agenda as it stands. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the County Board minutes of June 14, 2016. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Mike Spitzner, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried. 9 Yes, 1 No, 1 Abstain
Claims Committee Chairman Janice Brooks noted the committee will meet August 1, 2016 12:00 p.m., to review employee time sheets and closed session minutes.
Motion by Mike Rinehart, seconded by Mary McCollough, to approve the County Clerk’s Semi Annual Report. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Barb McGrew, to approve the selection of Election Judges. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
The 911 Report was available in written form.
Hospital Interim President Michael Zilm reported that the 911 Tower is onsite at the Clay County Hospital and should be ready to go by 9-1-2016. Zilm additionally reported that the Hospital has purchased a new server, under $30,000. The old server has reached its storage capacity.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Dave Johnson to approve the Sav- Mor Land Lease amendment, adding the owner’s name, as requested by the financial institution. Motion Carried. Voice Action. 10 Yes, 1 No
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Janice Brooks, to approve Clay County Hospital Corporate Banking Resolution, removing Amanda Basso’s name and adding Michael Zilm. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
COUNTY HOSPITAL AUTHORIZATION RESOLUTION
I, Brenda Britton, certify that I am the Clerk of the County of Clay under the laws of the State of Illinois, County of Clay, Federal I.D. Number 37-6000605, engaged in business under the trade name of Clay County Hospital, and that the Resolutions on this document are a correct copy of the Resolution adopted at a meeting of the Clay County Board duly and properly called and held on July 12, 2016. These resolutions appear in the minutes of this meeting and have not been rescinded or modified.
Any person listed below as an Agent, subject to any written limitation, is authorized to exercise the powers granted as indicated below:
Name and Title of Person
- Michael Zilm, President
- Mike Hobbs, Chief Financial Officer
- Designated Alternate, Chelsea Musgrave, Director of HR & Marketing
Designated Alternate, Clay County Board Chairman, Ted Whitehead
Designated Alternate, Clay County Board Member, Chris Rinehart
(Attach one or more Agents to each power by placing the letter corresponding to their name in the area before each power. Following each power indicate the number of Agent signatures required to exercise the power.)
of signatures required
N/A (1) Exercise all of the powers listed in this Resolution ________
ABC (2) Open any deposit or share account(s) in the name of
the County Hospital 2
ABC (3) Endorse checks and orders for the payment of money or 2____
transfer funds on deposit with this Financial Institution
ABC (4) Sign, execute and deliver promissory notes or other 2
evidence of indebtedness after Board approval of
ABC (5) Open, close and renew certificates of deposit and investment 2
accounts upon maturation
ABC (6) Sign accounts payable and payroll checks ___2____
ABC (7) Implement cash management process that is approved 2
BANKING INSTITUTIONS AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
This Resolution shall apply to the following banking institutions and accounts:
BANK ACCOUNT # SIGNORS’ NAMES TITLES
Flora Bank & Trust 2088673 Michael Zilm President
(Operating Account) Mike Hobbs CFO
Flora Bank & Trust 2105052 Michael Zilm President
(Payroll Account) Mike Hobbs CFO
Flora Bank & Trust 2051240 Jana Tolliver Treasurer
(Ambulance Account) Brenda Britton County Clerk
Flora Bank & Trust 2082832 Michael Zilm President
(Funded Depreciation) Mike Hobbs CFO
- S. Bank 199701507840 Michael Zilm President
(Employee Flex Account) Mike Hobbs CFO
Flora Banking Company Michael Zilm President
Mike Hobbs CFO
Flora Bank & Trust Michael Zilm President
Mike Hobbs CFO
Edward Jones Michael Zilm President
Mike Hobbs CFO
Marion County Michael Zilm President
Savings Bank Mike Hobbs CFO
EFFECT ON PREVIOUS RESOLUTIONS
This Resolution supersedes any and all prior Resolution heretofore made.
CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY
I further certify that the Clay County Board of the County of Clay, has, at the time of the adoption of this Resolution had, full power and lawful authority to adopt the foregoing resolutions and to confer the powers granted to the persons named who have full power and lawful authority to exercise the same on behalf of Clay County Hospital.
X The County of Clay is a unit of local government, and Clay County Hospital is a county hospital.
The Board of the County of Clay resolves that:
- The Financial Institution is designated as a depository for the funds of the County Hospital and to provide other financial accommodations as indicated in this Resolution.
- This Resolution shall continue to have effect until express written notice of its rescission or modification has been received and recorded by the Financial Institution. Any and all prior resolutions adopted by the Board and certified to the Financial Institution as governing the operation of this County Hospital’s account(s), are in full force and effect, until the Financial Institution receives and acknowledges and express written notice of its revocation, modification or replacement. Any revocation, modification or replacement of a resolution must be accompanied by documentation, satisfactory to the Financial Institution, establishing the authority for the changes.
- The signature of the Clay County Board Chairman and County Clerk on this Resolution is conclusive evidence of their authority to act on behalf of the County Hospital. Any Agent, so long as they act in a representative capacity as agents of the County Hospital, is authorized to make any and all other contracts, agreements, stipulations and orders which they may deem advisable for the effective exercise of the power indicated on page one, from time to time with the financial institution, subject to any restriction on this Resolution or otherwise agreed to in writing.
- All transactions, if any, with respect to any deposits, withdrawals, rediscounts and borrowings on behalf of the County Hospital with the Financial Institution prior to the adoption of this Resolution are hereby ratified, approved and confirmed.
- The Clay County Board agrees to the terms and conditions of any account agreement, properly opened by an authorized agent of the County Hospital. The Clay County Board authorizes the Financial Institution, at any time, to charge the Clay County Hospital for all checks, drafts, or other orders, for the payment of money that are drawn on the Financial Institution so long as they contained the required number of signatures for that purpose.
- The Clay County Board acknowledges and agrees that the Financial Institution may furnish, at its discretion, automated access devices to Agents of the County Hospital to facilitate those powers authorized by this Resolution or other resolutions in effect at the time of issuance. The term “automated access device” includes, but is not limited to, credit cards, automated teller machines (ATM) and debit cards.
- The Clay County Board acknowledges and agrees that the Financial Institution may rely on alternative signature and verification codes issued to or obtained from the Agent named on this Resolution. The term “alternative signature and verification codes” includes, but is not limited to, facsimile signature on file with the Financial Institution, personal identification
numbers (PIN), and digital signatures. If a facsimile signature specimen has been provided on this Resolution, (or that are filed separately by the Corporation with the Financial Institution from time to time) the Financial Institution is authorized to treat the facsimile signature as the signature of the Agent(s) regardless of by whom or by what means the facsimile signature may have been affixed so long as it resembles the facsimile signature specimen on file. The Clay
County Board authorizes each Agent to have custody of the Clay County Hospital’s private key used to create a digital signature and to request issuance of a certificate listing the corresponding public key. The Financial Institution shall have no responsibility or liability for unauthorized use of alternative signature and verification codes unless otherwise agreed in writing.
DATED this _____ day of ____________________, 2016.
BOARD OF CLAY COUNTY, ILLINOIS,
TED WHITEHEAD, CHAIRMAN
Clay County Clerk
Clay County Hospital CFO Mike Hobbs addressed Board Members regarding cash and investments. Hobbs reported that current cash on hand is $5,842,000 and that the Hospital has seen an increase of $1,000,000 over expenses in the last two years. Capital expenditures account for $2.5 million, $2.7 million has gone for bond payments, with $3 million reserved in bond fund account. Current operating fund balance is $2.7 million.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by John Bayler, to approve the purchase from Getinge for a Surgical Instrument Washing and Decontamination Unit, cost $52,657.37. Motion Carried. 9 Yes, 2 No
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Brad Harris, to approve changes to the Medical Staff By-Laws. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Interim President Michael Zilm presented the Hospital Report in written form, commenting on the good things going on at Clay County Hospital. Zilm also reported on hiring Christopher Beehn as a new Physical Therapist.
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Mary McCollough, to approve the Medical Staff Credentialing. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Nicholas Hilpipre, MD Courtesy Radiology
Adam Taves, MD Courtesy Radiology
Debra Carson, DO Courtesy OB/GYN
Joshua Rieke, MD Courtesy Radiology
Jayant Amberker, MD Courtesy Radiology
Jeff Workman, Clay County Health Department presented the Board of Health Bulletin in written form.
Chairman Whitehead expressed condolences to Workman on the death of his brother-in –law.
Sheriff Andy Myers presented the Sherriff’s Activity Report in written form.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Barb McGrew, to go to closed session for the following purpose: (1) The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body (5ILCS 120/2 (c ) (1); (8) Litigation, when an action against, affecting or on behalf of the particular public body has been filed and is pending before a court or administrative tribunal, or when the public body finds that an action is probable or imminent, with the basis for such findings being: ( 5ILCS 120/2 (c ) (11); Time :6:35p.m. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Dave Johnson to return to open session. Time 6:45 p.m. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
The closed session was for informational purposes only, no action taken.
Treasurer Jana Tolliver presented the Financial Reports in written form. Tolliver noted all accounts are in good standing and tax bills should go out in the next week.
County Engineer Mike Quandt presented the Highway Report in written form.
Chairman Whitehead presented the Regional Office of Education #12 Report of Official Acts. The report is on file in the County Clerk’s office for review.
Chief Probation Officer Curtis Leib notified Board Members that the Juvenile Justice Council is looking for volunteers for their board. Interested individuals may contact Leib for further information.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Janice Brooks, to adjourn. Time: 6:50p.m. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
No. Names of Claimants for What Amount of Claim
1 ADP MISC & CONTINGENCIES 64.00
2 AIR CONSTRUCTION REPAIRS TO CO BUILDING 280.00
3 AMEREN CIPS JAIL, HWY, PROB, CH-UTILITIES 864.24
4 ARNOLD, ASHLEY S OF A- TRAVEL 74.49
5 AYERS, JAMIE JAIL- PHONE 40.00
6 BALLARD, CRYSTAL COURTS- FEEDING JURORS, CIRCUIT CLK- MISC 286.65
7 BARBEE, DARREN JAIL- OVERTIME 326.42
8 BRIGHT, BARB CORONER- OFFICE EXPENS 100.00
9 BRITTON, BRENDA COUNTY BOARD SEC FEE, COUNTY CLK- MISC 180.70
10 BYRD, ASHTON JAIL –PHONE, SHERIFF- TRAINING 370.90
11 CAMPBELL FIRE & SAFETY PUBLIC GROUNDS EQUIP MAINT 176.00
12 CARTRIGHT, ADAM JAIL- PHONE, SHERIFF-TRAINING/OVERTIME 644.16
13 CELLULAR ONE ESDA- PHONE 41.35
14 CHARM-TEX JAIL- SUPPLIES 145.30
15 CHET’S ELECTRIC REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 1503.01
16 CIT COURTHOUSE- RECORDS 87.88
17 CITY OF FLORA ESDA- RENT 275.00
18 CLAY COUNTY HEALTH DEPART JAIL- MEDICAL SERVICES 130.54
19 CLAY COUNTY HOSPITAL PROB- INCIDENTAL EXPENS 21.00
20 CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN CORONER- SUPPLIES, CO CLK- SUPPLIES 233.50
21 CLAY COUNTY TREASURER- IMRF MISC AND CONTIGENCIES 585.00
22 COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS COUNTY BOARD-EXPENSE 2374.51
23 DUNIGAN, DAVETTA BAILIFFS- COURT SECURITY 233.60
24 DUNIGAN, LOREN BAILIFFS- COURT SECURITY 369.09
25 DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF- AUTO MAINT 45.00
26 EFFINGHAM TELCOM PUBLIC DEF- OTHER EXPENS 19.95
27 FANCHER, PHILLIP COURTHOUSE SECURITY-BAILIFF 817.60
28 FAYETTE COUNTY CO SHARE CHIEF JUDGE OFFICE 445.02
29 FCJDC HOUSING JUVENILES 2835.08
30 FELDHAKE, MARK JAIL- PHONE, SHERIFF- TRAINING 217.26
31 GFI DIGITAL CH- RECORDS 51.37
32 GREENWOOD, PAT JAIL- PHONE, SHERIFF- TRANSPORTING PRISONERS 73.35
33 GREENWOOD, TOM BAILIFFS- COURT SECURITY 116.80
34 GROSS, WILLIAM COURTHOUSE- BAILIFF 467.20
35 GROVES, TONY JAIL- OVERTIME 260.10
36 HEARTLAND PEST CONTROL REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 170.00
37 HEUERMAN, CORY JAIL-PHONE, SHERIFF-TRAINING, OVERTIME 800.50
38 HICKOX, JOHN ATTORNEY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 125.00
39 HOMEFIELD ENERGY JAIL, CH, HWY- UTILITIES 955.69
40 IL CORONERS & MEDICAL ASSOC CORONER- EDUCATION 575.00
41 IL JUDGES ASSOCIATION COURTS- DUES 225.00
42 IPSAN SHERIFF- INCIDENTAL EXPENS 1884.00
43 ISBA COURTS- DUES 410.00
44 INDOFF CIRCUIT CLK- SUPPLIES 231.00
45 KIEFER LANDSCAPING REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 275.00
46 LEE’S PC DEPOT CIRCUIT CLK- SUPPLIES 239.95
47 LEIB, CURTIS PROBATION- TRAVEL 32.42
48 LEWIS, ELAM JAIL- PHONE, SHERIFF- TRAINING, OVERTIME 1317.04
49 LEXIS NEXIS ST. ATTORNEY- DUES 787.50
50 LINDA’S CLEANING SERVICE HWY- UTILITIES 65.00
51 LORENZ SUPPLY REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 57.84
52 LOUISVILLE POSTMASTER ST. ATTY, CO CLK, SHERIFF, PUBLIC DEF, – POSTAGE 27.91
53 MEMORIAL LANE FLOWERS CO BOARD PER DIEM & EXPENS 107.26
54 MILLER, WES CORONER- TRAVEL & SUPPLIES 142.18
55 MILNER, CHAD JAIL-PHONE, SHERIFF- OVERTIME 196.12
56 MURBARGER, DALE STATES ATTORNEY- SUPPLIES 8.20
57 MUNICIPLE UTILITIES JAIL, CH, HWY, PROB-UTILITIES 1177.42
58 MYERS, ANDY JAIL- PHONE 40.00
59 O.K. AUTOMOTIVE SHERIFF- AUTO MAINT 10.99
60 PAISLEY, KARIN CIRCUIT CLK- SUPPLIES 60.00
61 PHILLIPS, RAY JAIL-PHONE, SHERIFF-OVERTIME, TRAINING 240.50
62 POWLESS, JOEL COURTS- ATTORNEY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 793.75
63 PROFESSIONAL ENFORCEMENT SHERIFF- TRAINING 350.00
64 QUILL ESDA- SUPPLIES 122.94
65 RAY & FRANKIE’S MACHINE REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 25.00
66 RICHLAND COUNTY SHERIFF- JAIL- HOUSING OF ADULTS 280.00
67 RICOH SHERIFF- SUPPLIES 125.00
68 RKDIXON CH RECORDS- DEBT RETIREMENT 147.03
69 SAVMOR PHARMACY JAIL- MEDICAL SERVICES 100.17
70 SIMS, LORI C.S.R. STATES ATTORNEY- TRANSCRIPT FEES, 120.00
71 SPITZNER, STEVEN JAIL PHONE, SHERIFF- TRANSPORTING PRISONERS 101.23
72 TOLLIVER, JANA TREASURER- MISC 12.02
73 TUNGATE, SHERRI L. E. STATES ATTORNEY- SUPPLIES 11.35
74 VERIZON JAIL- TELEPHONE 342.09
75 WALMART PROB- INCIDENTAL EXPENS, JAIL DIET & CARE FOR PRISONERS 2756.53
SUPPLIES, MEDICAL SERVICES, PUBLIC DEF- OTHER EXPENS
76 WEIDNER, KRISTA PROB- TRAVEL 169.16
77 WEIDNER, ROSALIE BAILIFFS- COURT SECURITY 132.63
78 WEX PROB- TRAVEL 122.48
79 WOOD, STEVE COURTHOUSE SECURITY-BAILIFF 350.40
80 WTCI CH, JAIL, HWY-PHONES 2186.86
TOTAL PAID CLAIMS $33,166.23
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN SHERIFF- SUPPLIES 172.35
- COMMUNICATION REVOLVING FUND JAIL- PHONE 498.55
- DBS DISPOSAL UTILITIES 240.00
- DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF- AUTO MAINT 738.64
- HARR’S ACE HARDWARE REPAIRS TO COUNTY BLDING/GROUNDS 78.97
- HEAVEN’S MIST BOTTLED WATER PROBATION- INCIDENTAL EXPENS/CH- SUPPLIES 19.50
- HOLKY’S PLUMBING REPAIRS TO COUNTY BLDING/GROUNDS 560.52
- INDOFF JAIL, CO CLK, S OF A, CIRCUIT CLK, TREASURER 2122.74
- MIDWEST OFFICE SUPPLY PROB- INCIDENTAL EXPENS 7.79
- MIKE’S FOOD MARKET DIET & CARE FOR PRISONERS 2189.94
- ROBBINS SCHWARTZ NICHOLAS LIFTON MISC & CONTINGENCIES 450.00
- THE WEB CAFÉ SHERIFF & JAIL- SUPPLIES 1249.70
- YOUNG’S PIT STOP PLUS SHERIFF- AUTO MAINT 33.00