The July 11, 2017 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called:
Present: Ted Whitehead, Chairman, Brad Harris, Janice Brooks, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, John Bayler, David Johnson, Joe Gilliland, Mary McCollough and Barb McGrew.
Absent: Shannon French, Joe Goodman, Jeremy Wildbur and Bryan Knapp.
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests and noted an agenda change as Jennifer Brown, 911 and 911 Report would not be presented.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by, Joe Gilliland, to approve the agenda as it stands, Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Mary McCollough, second by, Dave Johnson to approve the County Board minutes of June 13, 2017 with the amendment that the Pledge to the Flag was led by Deputy Cartright. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Weidner, seconded by, Barb McGrew to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
Jeff Workman, Clay County Health Department presented the Board of Health bulletin in written form.
Sheriff Andy Myers presented the Sheriff’s Activity Report in written form.
Myers also reported that the Probation Building roof had been damaged and repaired due to recent storm. An insurance claim has been filed.
Motion by Chris Rinehart, seconded by John Bayler, approved repairs to the Courthouse Roof with IC Enterprises, as budgeted. Repairs consist of the Eyebrow Section-Upper Roof: $24320.00 and Upper Middle Roof repairs: $2100.00. Motion Carried.
Motion by John Bayler, Seconded by Dave Johnson, to allow the Sheriff to request bids to sell or to trade in a seized 2010 Honda Rancher ATV. (Funds will be deposited back into Sheriff’s line item budget.) Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Chris Rinehart, to approve the reappointment of Harvey Cash to a 6-year term to the Sheriff’s Merit Commission. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Treasurer Jana Tolliver presented the Financial Report in written form.
Motion by Barb McGrew, which was seconded by Joe Gilliland, to approve the low bidder, Allendale Gravel Co., Inc. from Allendale, Illinois, for the amount of Two Hundred Forty -Eight Thousand Four Hundred Forty-Eight and 00/100 ($248,448.00) for replacement of the Gill Bridge on Venus, Hoosier Township, Sec 15-05106-00-BR. Motion Carried.
County Engineer Darin Koelm presented the Highway Department Report in written form.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Barb McGrew to approve the following Medical Staff credentialing: Initial Appointment: Michael Koeppen, MD-Courtesy Emergency. Reappointment: Matthew Donaldson, MD-Courtesy Radiology, Miguel Alcordo, MD-Courtsey Internal Medicine. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Mary McCollough, approve a bank resolution granting access to the Check Reader Machine for Cassy Hodges and Ryan Herdes. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Mary McCollough, approve the capital purchase of Medhost Direct-MU3 for the Clay County Hospital, $69,000. Motion Carried.
CCH President Chris Hunt presented the Hospital Report in written form. Hunt noted the Endowment Foundation board has awarded three employees Stephanie Spalding, Amanda Fuson and Leesa Anderson with scholarships.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Dave Johnson, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Mayer Rod Franklin to SCIRP & DC, replacing Trevor Bissey who recently resigned from the appointment. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Chairman Whitehead extended condolences to the Greg French family.
Chairman Whitehead read a “Thank You” card from the family of Mitzi Goldstein.
Motion by Bard McGrew, seconded by Mary McCollough, to adjourn the meeting. Time: 6:30 p.m. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
- ACT TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 50.00
- AMEREN CIPS PROBATION-UTILITIES 218.04
- APSAN JAIL-PHONE 1884.00
- AXIS FORENSIC CORONER-TOXICOLOGY 625.00
- AXON SHERIFF-PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT 456.08
- AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-TRAINING 74.94
- BAILEY IAN JANITOR-EXPENSE 210.00
- BARBEE DARREN JAIL-OVERTIME 191.52
- BARBER STEPHEN JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 145.00
- BRIGHT BARB CORONER-OFFICE SUPPLIES 100.00
- BYRD ASHTON SHERIFF-TRAINING 74.94
- CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME 129.89
- CASEY GENERAL STORE PROBATION/SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 110.76
- CHET’S ELECTRIC COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 150.75
- CLAY COUNTY ADVOCATE REVIEWING ASSEMENT ROLLS EXPENSES 23.52
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN COURTS MISC. EXPENSES 40.25
- CLAY CTY HEALTH DEPART. JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 177.72
- CLAY COUNTY ROAD & BRIDGE MISC. & CONTINGENCIES 60.00
- CLAY COUNTY TREASURER MISC. & CONTINGENCIES 292.50
- COMMUNICATIONS JAIL-TELEPHONE 482.55
- CORONER LYNN REED CORONER-EDUCATION 575.00
- COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS BOARD MEMBERS-MEETINGS & MILEAGE 1867.25
- DALES AUTO SALVAGE SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 166.50
- DAVE’S AUTO TECH SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 51.63
- DEPUTIES PHONE JAIL-PHONE 440.00
- DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 614.00
- FAYETTE COUNTY COUNTY SHARE CHIEF JUDGE’S OFFICE 336.72
- FLORA PRINTING COMPANY PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 86.24
- FRANKLIN CTY DETENTION JAIL-HOUSING OF JUVENILIES 3738.86
- GFI COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 52.19
- GLOBAL TECHNICAL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 298.50
- GROSS WILLIAM COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 226.30
- HAMILTON DEANNA STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- HASTINGS JACK REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS-SALARIES/EXPENSES 60.70
- HEALY MITCHELL PART TIME-CORRECTIONAL SALARIES 1472.25
- HEAVEN’S MIST WATER COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 97.50
- HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 1122.76
- HEYL ROYSTER MISC. & CONT. 150.00
- ILLINOIS STATE’S ATTORNEYS STATE’S ATTY-TRAINING 650.00
- JACOBI JAMES CORONER-AUTOPSY 3515.00
- KESSLER HUGH REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS-SALARIES/EXPENSES 60.70
- KNAPP OIL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 307.99
- KOESTER ANDREW STATE’S ATTY – PHONE 100.00
- LAMB EDDIE REVIEWING ASSESSMENT ROLLS-SALARIES/EXPENSES 62.84
- LEONARD AARON ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 1920.00
- LEWIS ELAM COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 292.00
- LOUISVILLE POST OFFICE CIRCUIT CLERK & COUNTY CLERK-POSTAGE 357.92
- MILNER CHAD SHERIFF-TRAINING 82.14
- MUNICIPAL UTILITES PROBATION-UTILITIES 23.85
- NASRO SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 40.00
- PACHESA MICHELLE COURT-MISC. EXPENSES FOR INDIGENTS 21.00
- PHILLIPS KAREN STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- PHILLIPS RAYMOND SHERIFF-OVERTIME/TRAINING 471.24
- POWLESS JOEL STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 100.00
- RAY O’HERRON SHERIFF-UNIFORMS 18.80
- SCHWARTZ ROBBINS MISC. & CONT. 100.00
- STURM ROBERT JAIL-OVERTIME 568.26
- THOMSON REUTERS TREASURER-SUPPLIES 444.00
- TUNGATE MARK COURT-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 438.01
- USPS PUBLIC DEFENDER-POSTAGE 189.00
- VERIZON JAIL-PHONE 342.09
- WABASH JAIL, HWY & COURTHOUSE-PHONE 2296.22
- WALMART JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS & SUPPLIES, 1545.95
SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT, COURTHOUSE-UTILTIES &
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 202.30
- WHITE ROGER COURT-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 375.00
- WOOD STEPHAN COURT SECURTIY-BAILIFF 496.40
- ZINK PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 22.98
- ZUBER BARTLEY COURT-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 575.00
- ADP PAYROLL-FEES 204.75
- AMEREN CIPS JAIL, HWY AND COURTHOUSE-UTITLIES 1584.92
- ANGELA’S VILLAGE COUNTY BOARD MEMBERS-PER DIEM & EXP 45.00
- BRENDA BRITTON COUNTY CLERK-MISC 127.59
- BUTCHER AUTOMOTIVE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 267.85
- CIT COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 87.88
- CITY OF FLORA EDSA-RENT 275.00
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN COUNTY CLERK-MISC. 20.70
- CURTIS LEIB PROBATION-TRAVEL 30.81
- DBS DISPOSAL JAIL & PROBATION-UTILITIES 160.00
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM JAIL-PHONE 103.00
- FLORA PRINTING COMPANY PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXP 88.26
- INDOFF COURTHOUSE, CIRCUIT CLERK, STATE’S ATTY, 1100.66
TREASURER, JAIL, AND COUNTY CLERK-SUPPLIES
- JOEL POWLESS STATE’S ATTY-TRAINING 930.44
- KRISTA WEIDNER PROBATION-TRAVEL 180.01
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-CLEANING 65.00
- MAIL SERVICES TREASURER-POSTAGE, & S OF A-COMPUTER SERVICES 6162.17
- MEAGHER SIGN & GRAPHICS COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 50.00
- MIDWEST OFFICE PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 233.69
- QUILL COUNTY CLERK-SUPPLIES 462.92
- RAY O’HERRON SHERIFF-UNIFORM 80.00
- SALT & STRINGS BUTCHERTY JAIL-DIET AND CARE OF PRISONERS 2021.18
- STEVE SPITZNER SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT & TRANSPORTING PRISONERS 25.42
- THE WEB CAFÉ SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 29.95
- WES MILLER CORONER-TRAVEL 58.85
- WEX BANK PROBATION-TRAVEL 112.65
- YOUNG’S PIT STOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 68.00
- ZIMDARS REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 432.00