The March 14, 2017 meeting of the Honorable Clay County Board was called to order at 6:00 p.m. by Sheriff Andy Myers.
The Pledge to the flag was led by Sheriff Myers.
The blessing was led by Brad Harris.
The roll was called: Present: Ted Whitehead, Chairman, Shannon French, Brad Harris, Joe Goodman, Janice Brooks, Jeremy Wildbur, John Weidner, Chris Rinehart, John Bayler, Dave Johnson, Joe Gilliland, Mary McCollough, and Barb McGrew.
Absent: Bryan Knapp.
Chairman Whitehead acknowledged guests and there were two agenda changes: add Jennifer Moore, CEFS, Intergovernmental Agreement and Ordinance approval and an appointment for Animal Control Administrator.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Joe Goodman, to approve the agenda as it stands. Motion Carried. Voice Action.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to approve the County Board minutes of February 14, 2017. Motion Carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by John Weidner, to approve the action of the Claims Committee. Motion Carried.
Jennifer Brown, 911 Coordinator, presented the 911 Report in written form.
Motion by John Bayler, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve the Animal Control Contract with CCARS.
Board Member Joe Goodman requested that Animal Control reports be provided to the board on a quarterly basis.
Jeff Workman, Clay County Health Dept, presented the Board of Health Bulletin in written form.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Barb McGrew, to ratify the Chairman’s reappointment of Kevin Logan to the Board of Review, for a two year term. Motion carried, Voice action. 1-No (Brooks)
Motion by Joe Goodman, seconded by Shannon French, to ratify the Chairman’s reappointment of Eddie Lamb to the Farmland Assessment Review Committee for a three year term. Motion carried, Voice action.
Supervisor of Assessments Kindal Eastin gave the board an update on her office. She noted the Board of Review has adjourned and they are waiting on the final multiplier.
Sheriff Myers presented the Sherriff’s February Activity Report in written form.
Myers presented a Memorandum of Agreement for K9 Officer that he will seek approval at the next meeting.
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve the Local Agency Agreement for BLR 05310-NBIS Bridge Inspection Training Class. Motion carried.
County Highway Engineer Darin Koelm presented the Highway Department Report in written form.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Joe Goodman, to go to closed session for the following purpose: The appointment, employment, compensation, discipline, performance or dismissal of specific employees of the public body (5 ILCS 120/2 (c) (1). Time: 6:30 p.m. Motion carried, Voice action.
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Joe Gilliland, to return to open session. Time: 6:35 p.m. Motion carried, voice action.
Chairman Whitehead reported that the closed session was for information purposes only.
Chris Hunt, Clay County Hospital President, presented the Hospital Report in written form.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by John Bayler, to approve the following Medical Staff Credentialing:
Shelly Kuhns, APN Courtesy Hospitalist
Carrie Nussmeyer, APN Specified Professional Affiliate
Syed Shah, MD Courtesy Neurology
Motion carried, Voice Action.
Motion by Joe Goodman, seconded by John Bayler, to approve reimbursing the Highway Dept for materials and labor for 911 signage, and to go out for bids on future 911 sign maintenance. Motion carried.
Motion by Barb McGrew, seconded by Dave Johnson, to approve the proposal for Fund Accounting Software from CIC, in the amount of $43,778 (funding from Misc/Cont line item, first year 11,733, followed by 3 annual payments). Motion carried.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Jeremy Wildbur, to approve abating the County Hospital Bond Tax Levy for 2016, payable 2017 taxes. Motion carried, Voice action.
Motion by Joe Goodman, seconded by Mary McCollough, to amend the Travel Ordinance to reimbursement for travel, including meals or lodging, related to the followings types of official business: All visits, inspections and/or other required duties of any employee acting in his or her official capacity as an employee or officer of the County. Motion carried, Voice action.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Mary McCollough, to approve the Intergovernmental Agreement and Ordinance for CEFS Public Transportation. Motion carried, Voice action.
Motion by Mary McCollough, seconded by Brad Harris, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Danny McAllister to the Harter-Stanford FPD, 3 year term ending May 2020, Motion carried, Voice action.
Motion by Janice Brooks, seconded by Chris Rinehart, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Alan Griffy to the North Clay FPD, 3 year term ending May 2020. Motion carried, Voice action.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by John Weidner, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Kenneth Hostettler to the Clay City FPD, 3 year term ending May 2020. Motion carried, Voice action.
Motion by Dave Johnson, seconded by Shannon French, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Andrew Bangert to the Clay City FPD, 3 year term ending May 2020. Motion carried, Voice action.
Motion by Brad Harris, seconded by Joe Goodman, to ratify the Chairman’s appointment of Joe Rudolphi as Administrator of Animal Control per State Statute. Motion carried, Voice action.
Chairman Whitehead thanked Dr. Hurliman for serving as Administrator of Animal Control for many years.
Additionally, Whitehead thanked the Farm Bureau for hosting a Fish Fry for Elected/Appointed Officials.
Motion by Jeremy Wildbur, seconded by Joe Goodman, to adjourn. Time: 7:00 p.m. Motion carried, Voice action.
Mr. Chairman and Gentlemen of the County Board:
Your Committee on Paid Claims would beg leave to report that they have examined all claims presented to them, and recommend the payment of the following, and that the Clerk be directed to issue orders on the County Treasurer to the Claimants for the several amounts allowed, as follows, to wit:
- ADP ADMINISTRATION-PAYROLL FEES 1049.24
- ACE HARDWARE EDSA-MISC 49.22
- AMEREN PROBATION- UTILITIES 144.73
- AYERS JAMIE SHERIFF-OVERTIME 281.03
- BALLARD CRYSTAL COURT-FEEDING JURORS & SUPPLIES 431.73
- BAYLER JOHN COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 251.29
- BOYD JERRY ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 800.00
- BRIGHT BARB CORONER-OFFICE & EQUIPMENT EXPENSE 100.00
- BRITTON BRENDA COUNTY BOARD SECRETARY/MILEAGE 97.63
- BROOKS JANICE COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 265.00
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-MEDICAL SUPPLIES 193.43
- BYRD ASHTON SHERIFF-OVERTIME & TRAINING 562.06
- CARTRIGHT ADAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME 445.32
- CHET’S ELECTRIC COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 951.18
- CIT COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 87.88
- CLAY CITY BANKING CIRCUIT CLERK-DUES 50.00
- CITY OF FLORA ESDA RENT 275.00
- CLAY COUNTY ADVOCATE S OF A-PUBLICATIONS 18.79
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN PROBATION- INCIDENTAL EXPENSES 97.85
- COLLINS WELCH BETH MARY COURT-ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 497.56
- COMMUNICATION REVOLVING JAIL-PHONE 498.55
- COMPASS WEB TREASURER & COUTHOUSE-REPAIRS 554.95
- CONKLIN TERA PROBATION-TRAVEL 485.48
- COOK BRUCE COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 483.00
- DBS DISPOSAL PROBATION & HWY-UTILITIES 160.00
- DEPUTIES JAIL-PHONE 440.00
- DUNIGAN DAVETTA COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 432.00
- DUNIGAN LOREN COURT SECURTIY-BAILIFF 461.96
- DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF- AUTO MAINT. 685.98
- EAGLE STATION SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 15.00
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM JAIL-PHONE 103.00
- FANCHER PHIL COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 233.60
- FCJDC JAIL-HOUSING OF JUVENILES 1184.24
- FELDHAKE MARK SHERIFF-OVERTIME 698.70
- FLORA PRINTING COMPANY PROBATION- INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 88.26
- FLORA VETERINARY CLINIC SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 66.00
- FRENCH SHANNON COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 147.10
- GFI COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 67.30
- GILLILAND JOE COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 73.56
- GOODMAN JOE COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 266.36
- GREENWOOD TOM COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 204.40
- GROSS WILLIAM COURT SECURTIY-BAILIFF 343.10
- HAMILTON DEANNA STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- HARRIS BRAD COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 145.00
- HEAVEN’S MIST PROBATION-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 33.50
- HEUERMAN CORY SHERIFF-TRAINING & OVERTIME 2120.64
- IACO CIRCUIT CLERK-MISC 175.00
- INDOFF CTY CLERK, TREASURER, CH & STATE’S ATTY-SUPPLIES 1573.51
- ILLINOIS ASSOCIATION CTY CLERK-MISC. 20.00
- ILLINOIS CIRCUIT CLERK CIRCUIT CLERK-DUES 25.00
- ILLINOIS RISK MGMT TRUST CTY INSURANCE GENERAL LIABILTY INSURANCE 25772.25
- ILLINOIS SHERIFF’S ASSOC. SHERIFF & JAIL-TRAINING 700.00
- JOHNSON DAVID COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 242.82
- KNAPP OIL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 1519.21
- KOESTER ANDREW STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 100.00
- LEIB CURTIS PROBATION-TRAVEL 40.21
- LEONARD AARON ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 11750.00
- LEWIS ELAM SHERIFF-OVERTIME & TRAINING 535.01
- LEXISNEXIS STATE’S ATTY-DUES 278.00
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-UTILITIES 65.00
- LOGAN FRITSCHLE JAIL-OVERTIME 218.88
- LOUISVILLE AUTO PARTS JAIL-SUPPLIES 19.98
- LOUISVILLE COLLISION CENTER SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 1000.00
- LOUISVILLE POST OFFICE SHERIFF-POSTAGE 16.69
- MARLEY ROBERT JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICE 121.00
- MCCOLLOUGH MARY COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 309.41
- MCGREW BARB COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 195.60
- MILLER WES CORNER-TRAVEL 70.62
- MILLER OFFICE EQUIPMENT PROBATION & STATE’S ATTY-MAINT. 620.46
- MILNER CHAD SHERIFF-TRAINING & OVERTIME 895.91
- MIKE’S BODY SHOP SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 166.00
- MISSOURI POLICE CHIEFS SHERIFF-TRAINING 1440.00
- MUNICIPAL UTILITIES HWY, CH, PROBATION & JAIL-UTILITIES 2613.05
- MYERS ANDY SHERIFF- INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 68.02
- PHILLIPS KAREN STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 50.00
- PHILLIPS RAY SHERIFF-TRAINING/OVERTIME & COURT-BAILIFF 508.07
- POWLESS JOEL STATE’S ATTY-PHONE 100.00
- RAY O’HERRON COURT SECURITY-OFFICE EXPENSE 1204.71
- RKDIXON COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 147.03
- RINEHART CHRIS COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 115.00
- ROE CLAY COUNTY SHARE ROE #12 7981.05
- SALT & STRINGS BUTCHERY JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 2307.58
- SAV MOR PHARMACY JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 45.78
- SECRETARY OF STATE SHERIFF-INCIDENTAL EXPENSE 95.00
- SIRCHIE JAIL-SUPPLIES 36.96
- STURM ROBERT COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 534.28
- TASER SHERIFF-PURCHASE OF EQUIPMENT 1046.52
- VERIZON JAIL-PHONE 342.09
- WABASH JAIL, HWY & COURTHOUSE-PHONE 2305.37
- WALMART COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES, SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. , 1253.84
JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS & MEDICAL SUPPLIES
- WEIDNER JOHN COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 283.48
- WEIDNER KRISTA PROBATION-TRAVEL 250.62
- WELLS FARGO SHERIFF-SUPPLIES 124.00
- WEX PROBATION-TRAVEL 112.42
- WHITE ROGER ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 1290.00
- WHITEHEAD TED COUNTY BOARD MEMBER-MILEAGE/MEETINGS 265.00
- WOOD STEVE COURT SECURITY-BAILIFF 576.70
- YOUNG RONALD ATTY FEES FOR INDIGENTS 762.00
- ZINKS COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 364.75
- ACT TIRE & AUTO SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT. 8.00
- ADP ADM-PAYROLL FEES 224.63
- AIR CONSTRUCTION COUNTY BUILDING-REPAIRS 335.00
- AMEREN HWY, COURTHOUSE & JAIL-UTILITIES 1100.83
- BROWN’S DRUG STORE JAIL-MEDICAL SUPPLIES 631.93
- BYERS PRINTING CTY CLERK & CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 1608.03
- CIT COURTHOUSE-DEBT RETIREMENT 87.88
- CLAY COUNTY HEALTH DEPT JAIL-MEDICAL SERVICES 100.82
- CLAY COUNTY REPUBLICAN ELECTION-PUBLICATION 102.35
- COMPASS WEB TREASURER-SUPPLIES 78.75
- DBS JAIL & COURTHOUSE-UTILITIES 120.00
- DUSTY’S TIRE SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 270.00
- EFFINGHAM TELCOM TREASURER-SUPPLIES & JAIL-PHONE 248.95
- ES&S ELECTION-PRINTING SUPLIES 2747.00
- HEAVEN’S MIST COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 117.00
- HOLKY’S PLUMBING COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 474.51
- ILLINOIS OFFICE SUPPLY ELECTION-PRINTING SUPPLIES 330.00
- JOHNSON’S PHOTOGRAPHY CIRCUIT CLERK-SUPPLIES 541.93
- KNAPP OIL SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 1714.87
- LINDA’S CLEANING HWY-UTILITIES 65.00
- LORENZ COURTHOUSE-SUPPLIES 170.54
- MILLER OFFICE SHERIFF-SUPPLIES & STATE’S ATTY-EQUIP MAINT 194.80
- QUILL ELECTION-SUPPLIES 71.99
- RAY O’HERRON JAIL-UNIFORMS/PURCHASE OF EQUIP., 853.79
& COURT SEC.-OFFICE EXP.
- ROBBINS SCHWARTZ MISC. & CONTINGENCIES 630.26
- SALT & STRINGS JAIL-DIET & CARE OF PRISONERS 1805.14
- SHIRT TALES CORONER-SUPPLIES 104.99
- STEPHEN BARBER JAIL-MEDICAL SUPPLIES 145.00
- TASER INTERNATIONAL JAIL & SHERIFF-PURCHASE OF EQUIP 1770.66
- THE WEB CAFÉ JAIL-MAINT OF EQUIP 69.95
- TIM MILLS COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 360.00
- UNITED COUNTIES ADM-UCC DUES 150.00
- VOTEC ELECTION-COMPUTER SERVICES 7610.20
- YOUNG’S PIT SHERIFF-AUTO MAINT 67.00
- ZIMDARS COURTHOUSE-REPAIRS 120.00
- ZINKS REPAIRS TO COUNTY BUILDING 821.07